Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

water salinity tester?s

I have a 1985 Vantage Marine Aqua Cube watermaker that we are looking to get back into service. Prior owner hadn't used it in 15 years. Pump started up and unit appears that it's going to work. I have new membranes ready to go but I'm not sure if the gauges work and or if they are accurate.

What hand held tester would you suggest so i can be sure the "fresh" water meets standards?

By chance if anyone has a manual on this model I'd love a copy.

thanks

Re: water salinity tester?s

I think you may mean a TDS tester that looks at the total dissolved solids in the water (product) produced through the membrane.

I have this TDS that sits in line with the product water. If the TDS meter shows below 120 I let the product water go into the water tank. Super simple.

https://pacificwater.com.au/product/...e-tds-monitor/

+++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Thanks pretty sure that's exactly what we need.

Mine is 3 years old. Its only problem is that we can not mount it nicely in a panel. Perhaps the manufacturer has come up with a new panel mount model.

A single probe model will do the job. We also have a mini tap so we can test the water ourselves. But the probe is dead accurate. The test will take about a minute and at that stage the level should be below 120 so it can go in the tank.

Sydney Harbour never tasted so good!
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

120 is excellent. We used to run around 200 or so in the Bahamas.
    Regards
    Dan