Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Original Prices....

Curious that no mention is made of the cost/option for the full wood and glass enclosure on the bridge deck of the 43 DC's. The info I have on my 1971 shows $119K with flybridge and AC etc. but not the doors and side windows?

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    We have been so slow at work lately that I stumbled upon the promotional films hatteras made in the seventies. Very enjoyable to watch. The woman watersiking behind e the 36 convertible was great. Its too bad more films weren't made of more models. I especially like the part of the narration that says our boats are maintained free!

Walt Hoover
    I would love watch those, where can they be found?

Quote Originally Posted by rob71 View Post
    Curious that no mention is made of the cost/option for the full wood and glass enclosure on the bridge deck of the 43 DC's. The info I have on my 1971 shows $119K with flybridge and AC etc. but not the doors and side windows?
    Whilst visiting Mystic Seaport with my 1976 43DC some years ago, a man told me his father used to make the thick plexiglass wing doors and wood frame as an aftermarket option for the 43DC. There apparently was a big Hatteras dealer on way up Mystic River for many years where he worked out of. My wing doors have the same hardware as interior doors, so I always thought it was factory option up to that point. Do you know for sure Hatteras did at factory? I just checked all 3 sales brochures for the 43DC on samsmarine.com and none of the pictures show wing doors.
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    I would love watch those, where can they be found?
    Links by model under "Model Brochures" at the top of this page. If not there, search Youtube.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

All aft deck enclosures were aftermarket on the 43DC.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Go to you tube and search Hatteras Promotional Video, there will be one for the 53 MY, 45 C 38 C and the 36 C. There is also another for the 41 C and 38 C together.

Walt Hoover

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I like that 34 with the orange hull
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I like that 34 with the orange hull
    It was on the cover of Rudder magazine. I’ve got it buried in my stash somewhere.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    It was on the cover of Rudder magazine. I’ve got it buried in my stash somewhere.
    Most teenagers would stash naughty magazines back then....you stashed Hatteras fliers.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381