Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Rien ne vas plus.......

My wife and I looked at 18 boats, mostly 61 MY as we wanted a galley up. On the 18th boat we found a 54 MYED. I car remember just how happy we were when we finally landed our Olde Hatt.
    Congrats and best wishes with your find.

As one of those " no boat " commentators, please accept my enthusistic congratulations. Your numerous posts evidence both your sincere interest and desire. I hope for you and your wife the years of joy we have had as Hateras owners.

I have been on Jon Lines' boat, Freebird V. The engine swap was VERY well done, and it is a really nice boat. Quite a bit fast than the average 53' MY, but everyone has their preferences. DDs are great engines if maintained, and not fussy, either.

Very glad you have settled on a boat, hope this goes through with no difficulties, and we are all looking forward to photos and stories. The good kind.

The previous recordholder may have been Krush, but I believe your search eclipsed his in length. How many boats each of you looked at, of course, is not something we know.

May I also add congratulations and best wishes from Downunder.

I am so pleased the agony is now over and the ecstasy is about to commence.

My wife and I spent nearly three years on this website before we found our Hatt; and in the end it was located only in the next city.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Congrats and good luck. Now you'll have new material to discuss with the bubba or the food boy to keep you awake on the the tracks!!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Wink Re: Rien ne vas plus.......

Well I'm happy for you Oscar, you will have gained credibility. The only thing is that your posts were the only ones that could be abused and you never got grumpy about it and the moderators didn't have to make anyone stand in the corner.
    Good luck the the purchase, as turn key as it is Im sure something somewhere will break to keep you busy.

Walt Hoover

Oscar a little late on the congratulations but I have enjoyed reading your posts and hope the survey pans out and you are an owner here shortly. I dreamed of owning “big” boats ever since I was kid. I still get excited about going on trips. Sometimes I get frustrated with big boat ownership issues and think about selling it but once I get back on it. I am cured. Hope you get same joy I still do out of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Congrats and good luck. Now you'll have new material to discuss with the bubba or the food boy to keep you awake on the the tracks!!
    Eehhhh, about that. I'm throwing in the towel. 34 years, and October 1 it's gonna get really ugly unless the Gubment shovels more money into the hole with the condition of maintaining status quo. Without getting into the gory details I could potentially work two more years and end up worse off than I am now. Plus, did I mention 34 years of being up all night and living in hotels? I had enough of that many years ago. Taking the money and running. Going boating.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Well with your new adventure I’m sure you won’t look back. 34 years is a long time, you’ve earned the right to pull the pin! And on an even happier note you’ll be admired by everyone that moves up a number behind you. I’ve got twelve to go so I think I see a little light just hope it’s not a train. Best of luck on the new purchase and enjoy a well earned retirement.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post

The previous recordholder may have been Krush, but I believe your search eclipsed his in length. How many boats each of you looked at, of course, is not something we know.
    He said a 5 years search...that is nothing on my record. However, if we count a certain Viking owner and consider him "still searching for a Hatteras", he may surpass my record.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381