Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Rien ne vas plus.......

Congratulations. Let the fun begin.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    And we have the papers in hand. It's official.
    Congratulations!
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Congratulations..... so much to do now

We also just recently purchased our first (big boat) in process of making it ours now as the Admiral has changes in mind been days and days going though all the things on board when we bought it. someone wiser then me on here said don't throw anything out that you don't know what it is as you will be looking for it later.

Stopped by sellers house this morning to pick up "a few things". That turned out to be a prop shaft, outboard for dinghy, Marquipt boarding stairs, SAM's boxes with correct fasteners, and a few tubs with filters, seals and such.

Got new plate and registration for dinghy trailer.

Got to the boat and found sellers left it with beds made with clean sheets, hand soap and tissues in every head, silverware in drawers and glasses in cabinets. It was immaculate. We could literally put our tooth brush on it and go on vacation.

I have done it for others every time we sold. It sure as heck is nice to be on the receiving end...

Also visited possible future slip and got more info.

Then went to the general meeting at the yacht club. Left when the shouting started.

Another long but productive day.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Really Oscar, after this exhaustive search coming to a wonderful ending you ate not going to buy new tooth brushes? Live a little!

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Really Oscar, after this exhaustive search coming to a wonderful ending you ate not going to buy new tooth brushes? Live a little!

Walt Hoover
    Well, since I only use on on Saturdays, the one I got with the last boat 8 years ago will do fine.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Congratulations on the boat and retirement. At least now you have time to enjoy the boat. Looks like the much over rated pilot shortage is history.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Congratulations on the boat and retirement. At least now you have time to enjoy the boat. Looks like the much over rated pilot shortage is history.
    Thanks. I've been hearing about the shortage for all of the 34 years I've been in the business. That said, with all the guys exiting right now, and it's thousands, should it come back they will be scrambling. And the amount of experience leaving is staggering. I'll be traveling by boat or by motorhome.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Oscar;n

I am late to the party on this but congratulations!!! She definitely is a beautiful motor yacht. I am very happy for you and your wife on the purchase of the 53 and your retirement. Go ahead and enjoy boating and life!!!
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd