Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rien ne vas plus.......

That's French for "Bets are closed". Somewhere someone quipped I was gonna beat forgot-who for the longest run up to purchase. I just know there's a betting pool somewhere on whether or not I would get there. Well the wheel just stopped spinning.

It is my pleasure to announce that I have an executed contract for the purchase of one Hatteras 53' MY.

In October it will be 5 years ago that I joined this forum. I have read everything since that date, and a lot from before. I checked in here every day. Posted a few, but mostly deferred to the "Old Hatts". And I learned 95% of what I now know about these boats here. And that is now quite a bit. So much in fact that I was able to look at a few and ask all the right questions and know 90% of what I was looking at. I thank you ALL for the lessons.

So much that when I stepped on this boat I knew the owner was off the scale. I have never been on a boat this well maintained. There is NO head smell down below. You can eat, literally, out of the bilges. I think maybe even Robert would have to be impressed. ALL maintenance is up to date and then some. Low time engines since rebuild. New electronics. Bow thruster. Dinghy with motor in good shape. Windows redone, the list goes on. And all with an eye on keeping the boat original. If you look up "Turn Key" there is a picture of this boat. So nice that I didn't have the conscience to argue about the price.

To say that the wife is elated that I am not taking on a project would be an understatement. She's collecting the decorations and linens from our last boat in the basement and is ready to move in.

To top it all off the owners will be spending the time to show us ALL the nooks, crannies and details of "their girl" which will put me light years ahead of the game. To say we're excited would be an understatement.

So a survey, which I expect will find nothing, and a check to go.

No, not telling you which one yet........ When I have title in hand I'll post ALL the pictures.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 07-31-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: Rien ne vas plus.......

Congratulations and I hope you can look forward to a future of no more no boat abuse!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Congratulations looks like you’ve done it the right way. What year 53 did you buy?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Pics are mandatory!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

My guess would be "Freebird V" with the Cummins re-power in Georgetown, MD. IIRC that would be the one I suggested?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    My guess would be "Freebird V" with the Cummins re-power in Georgetown, MD. IIRC that would be the one I suggested?
    You did suggest that, and in fact I looked at that boat quite a while ago, and no..... that's not it.

Pics as soon as the deal is done!
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

7. Re: Rien ne vas plus.......

Good luck.
    Beachcomber
    Former 3 Hat owner
    Home port Paducah, KY

Survey tentatively scheduled for August 18th. These boys and girls are busy!
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Maybe I should look at that one.

Congrats on tracking one down that fits the bill and your billfold, Oscar. Will be looking forward to seeing it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Maybe I should look at that one.
    It's a very nice boat, and the engine rooms are cavernous now. I think the value of the engine upgrade is given a little more credit than it's worth. I'm sure the owner spent a crap ton of money on it but you know how that goes. Personally I like the DD's and do not I think we would have come to an agreement. But, it's now 6 months later.... you never know.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay