Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air filter replacement

Just wondering what everyone is using for filters for A/C units thanks for info

Re: Air filter replacement

Don’t know about Hatteras filters but I have used window air conditioner filter foam cut to size. Got mine at Lowe’s but saw some at a hardware store about 2 weeks ago. I think the brand is Frost King. Comes in 24X15 in sheets.

Yes, i use foam and cut to size.

On my customers 114 MY i use a special filter foam but we infuse it with essential oils to give a nice scent. We also replace them every 30 days to keep them sanitary.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I use the cut to size stuff from Lowes as well. Not foam but a mesh type filter

Are you kids talking about the air supply grate before the evap station or the mesh on the evap station it self?

on returns , I use #10 quality single use filters cut to size, and spray with mediclean on installation. has improved air quality over last few years.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

I had some scrap MERV 8 1" filter material left over from a sample set sent to me. The volume of the blower was noticeably reduced so I took it out for fear of too much pressure drop. Im gonna try the essential oil but will need to go back to foam in the return grille.

Aside from the OEM filter material on the evaps, I added some filtration to the returns. Half of my evaporators are a real PIA to get to.

Here's the front...
    IMG_1942.jpg
    ...and the back side.
    IMG_1943.jpg
    Oops, put it on upside down...I mean I designed it to go either way. Yeah, that's it!

The media is room AC filter panel available anywhere and cut to size. I didn't like the loose fit you normally get using the spring clip arrangement.

I like the essential oil treatment mentioned above and look forward to trying it. Hope it doesn't melt the foam.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Aside from the OEM filter material on the evaps, I added some filtration to the returns. Half of my evaporators are a real PIA to get to.
    Very nice. Once again, I think I'll copy you.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA