Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upper Helm

Red face Upper Helm

When we did the water trial on our new to us 43DC the upper helm had zero response before leaving the slip, as soon as I got home a quick search of this forum and I had the answer, back to the boat yesterday with my bicycle pump in hand, many trips up and down , many turns on the wheel and now it is five turns stop to stop fully functional ,,, thanks to all you guys that posted in past threads on bleeding fly bridge helm stations.

Re: Upper Helm

I congratulate you on your persistence with the less than wonderful search function of an otherwise wonderful forum.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

We're generally 'less than wonderful', that's us, but we're better than terrible.

I think getting a better search function would entail changing platforms, which is a huge PIA, but I don't know the details for certain.

You can use the big Google machine to search the SamsMArine forum. You may have to filter through all the "diesel god" stuff, though.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I usually do a normal google search and just prefix it with samsmarine or Hatteras. For example, type "samsmarine steering issues" into google.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL