Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Lurker coming out

Hello to all of the forum members, I have been a lurker for the last few months and have read many of the posts, I have found so much valuable information here.
    My wife (Marilyn) and I (James) have purchased a 1980 43' DC with DD671'TIs. For a forty year old boat she appears to be in remarkably good shape, We had survey done on the hard 3 weeks ago and just had a water trail yesterday after which we cemented the purchase.
    She is located 3 hour drive away which is a very doable drive for us to have work days cleaning and polishing on her and then enjoying her as we each learn how to handle her. A boat this size is a new experience to us but I spent a lot of time on the water in the past with sail boats
    We are planing on Looping her starting mid to late summer 2021 for now it will be finding all that may need attention and spending time learning her systems and bringing up to date all of the maintenance items. I am sure we will have questions and if I cannot find them in a previous post search I will not hesitate to ask.
    Thank you all for the help you have given me as I lurked

Re: Lurker coming out

Congratulations and welcome to the asylum! We have your sister ship, albeit a little older and a flat top. We are still a couple of years off from sailing into the sunset, but I have plenty of work to do to ours in that time.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Welcome!

I have a 1982 43' DCFB with DD 6-71 N's and J&T modified.

We have owned ours for 4 years and it is just the right size and complexity for me and my family (my wife and I and our 2 daughters who visit the boat now and then).

Hatteras had a long run with this model that you will come to learn why as you use this boat.

Try to run your boat as often as you can and save the projects for in between!

I look forward to sharing with you.

Jon
    Last edited by jrbrein; 07-22-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Welcome! Also have a 1979 43DC with J&T 6-71 naturals. Lots of valuable knowledge on the site so don't be shy to ask!