Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1983 46C HP Slane

There is a bank owned (Howard Bank) 46C at Edwards Boat Yard in Middle River, Baltimore if anyone is interested. She is said to have one down 8V92 650HP engine. The bank is allowing Bissell of Edwards to broker the boat. It is said to be going on YW asap. Asking price is 40K, if I had the old girl here it may different but as a long distance project I would be closer to 20-30 I think. Thanks to Oscar for checking it out for me.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Re: 1983 46C HP Slane

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    There is a bank owned (Howard Bank) 46C at Edwards Boat Yard in Middle River, Baltimore if anyone is interested. She is said to have one down 8V92 650HP engine. The bank is allowing Bissell of Edwards to broker the boat. It is said to be going on YW asap. Asking price is 40K, if I had the old girl here it may different but as a long distance project I would be closer to 20-30 I think. Thanks to Oscar for checking it out for me.
    The engine grenade? Or just worn out?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I was told by PO that it lost turbo, got hot, and filled a cylinder. I was asked today if I wanted to make a offer at 30?
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Not sure what your goal is but this is what I would consider.
    First the knowns; if this was a Slane redo it left his shop in better than new condition.
    Spent some time on a 46 Slane complete redo that had a pair of 10 cylinder 820hp MANs. Everything about the boat was perfect, interior, ER, systems, exterior, etc..
    Way better of a boat than the day it left Hatteras because of all the new pieces and parts.
    Thinking about the boat it could have been a early 45 with a 46 bridge.

The unknown is the engine; should be able to get a worse case scenario to repair/replace.
    Or, repower them with some modern iron, new or rebuilt. That pricing should be pretty easy to come up with as it's a very popular candidate to repower.
    There's lots of shops on the Chesapeake that could do a repower, think Tolchester is one that active on that front, lots of posters here on SAM's from that area.

Offer them 25k with a quick close before the end of this month.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

As Eddie mentioned I went and checked it out for him.

The boat is unmolested, but severely neglected. It's like the clock stopped 20 or so years ago. No one has "re-done" anything and no one has maintained anything for many, many years. The hull is in very decent condition with only some minor rub rail damage on port side. I danced all over the decks and found no obvious soft spots. The wood in the interior is all there and damage free. It can be brought back to awesome with elbow grease, soft goods, furniture and appliances. The electrical system needs attention. I suspect there's enough corrosion in there to be an issue. The engine room is very, very sad. Someone removed parts from the port engine. (They are on the boat) There is no way to tell what shape these motors are in without a serious survey. The generator looks the same. No idea if it would run or not. There's a shellfish buffet for 100 in the exhaust system.

I took 180+ pictures. If you're interested pm me an email address and I will send you a FLICKR link.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 07-22-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I was looking at it for doing the following, complete 8v-92 rebuilds by reputable professional, gear repairs if needed, engine room clean-up, and then new genset as a must. At that point I would do basic electronics for navigation. At that point I could clean up the boat with elbow grease and finish out the interior without major repairs. Where I get nervous is possible wiring and other possible big ticket items.

I have the exact same boat in very good condition. Runs 20KTS at 1800 all day long. A beast in seas. If it's the same queen layout I have it it is a very desirable layout for cruising. If anyone is truly interested in it I will be passing through Baltimore end of 1st week of August and could maybe take a look. I know mine pretty well now including all the nooks and crannies. If the block is OK and salvageable double rebuilds could yield a nice economical package. That is for someone that is okay with old school power and speeds. Fuel burn is really not different enough to be a concern in the whole scheme of owning and operating.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

She is a Galley down, Queen or Full Forward

If the head is in the V and bed is at angle it is same as ours. For reference ours could be seen to visualize what the shortcoming might be but also what it can be when fixed up. Not up to racclarksons standard but decent enough .
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Perhaps you can make a package deal with the 65 EB at Kent Narrows. This would ensure bankruptcy and no boating for the next decade.
    Or, buy the nicest boat you can find and drive it home. Too bad you snoozed on the 48C in Baltimore. She was a star for $180ish.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"