Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Insurance with limited experience

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Last thing I owned was 42'. I'm hoping that and an (albeit expired) OUPV will be enough.
    And perhaps a negative HPV. J
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Yes, I'm good there. Also got a shingles shot AND a Tetanus shot yesterday. The latter in an arm with a tennis elbow. Feeling like death warmed over. Should have staid home but noooo, I had to go look at a 110ºF boat for someone and take 185 pictures. Isn't it great getting old? Yeah I know, I'm not really old yet. Just feels like it.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I bought a 53’ Sportfisherman in Dec 2017 and insured it through BoatUS. Their requirement was that I have a licensed Captain onboard anytime I was underway. This requirement was for 1 year. My oldest son, who is a 2nd mate on a Crowley tanker fulfilled this requirement. I had to to send them his license and experience. After 1 year without any claims, BoatUS removed that requirement.

My agent is a member at the yacht club where I grew up (San Diego Yacht Club) and was aboard a 100' wooden ketch one time when I was in command.
    I was nine.
    He was also aware that I routinely single handed the family Kettenburg 50 at age 13.
    Insuring me for a 60C wasn't an issue.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331