Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTB: 48 yacht fisherman

Anyone know of a 48 yacht fisherman with a queen bed in the master for sale east of the missippi? There's a beautiful one in washington state. don't know how i'd get it from there to new england...
    thanks

Re: WTB: 48 yacht fisherman

Put it on a truck, a ship, or bring it home on its own bottom. That one has been on the market for a long time and is WAY overpriced. FWIW, none came with a queen in the master, and some have been converted better than others.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I bought one in Moline this spring. We are finally bringing from Buffalo to Rhode Island in a couple weeks. My thoughts on the rear stateroom:
    We originally wanted the queen conversion. After a summer vacationing, I am sold on the twin arrangement! The better half took longer to convince but we sleep like babies on each side and she has a TV to watch, which no longer keeps me up.
    I wouldn't have it any other way.

The one in Shelton, WA is really nice. Someone went through it and did a ton of what looks to be good work. I've seen others listed but not near the same. I also like the bigger engine option on the WA boat.

My only big complaint on these boats is the entrance door. WAY too small and awkward. Get ready for cougar calves. Tons of steps everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Put it on a truck, a ship, or bring it home on its own bottom. That one has been on the market for a long time and is WAY overpriced. FWIW, none came with a queen in the master, and some have been converted better than others.
    yeah, but they're not showing signs of dropping their price. Thought about truck, but i got a quote for a boat from Wis that was >20k. So i figured from wash would be way too costly. On a ship, probably the same price? On her own bottom would be interesting, but doesn't that mean down to the panama canal, up and over to fla, then north to new england? interesting idea, but a looonng ride in a small boat. unless... is there someway to get to the great lakes from the west coast? something like I90 for boats?

You could cut the trucking distance down. Go Columbia River to the Snake River, then truck to the Mississippi River.

Or San Diego to Houston. Or San Diego to the Arkansas River.

But in the end, the trucking is probably the cheapest point to point considering fuel and marina costs. Although on her own bottom would be the most fun.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by jap201 View Post
    yeah, but they're not showing signs of dropping their price. Thought about truck, but i got a quote for a boat from Wis that was >20k. So i figured from wash would be way too costly. On a ship, probably the same price? On her own bottom would be interesting, but doesn't that mean down to the panama canal, up and over to fla, then north to new england? interesting idea, but a looonng ride in a small boat. unless... is there someway to get to the great lakes from the west coast? something like I90 for boats?
    There are no shortcuts. As Sky said, you could truck it to a navigable waterway and take it from there, but that may not be your least expensive option. I’d price it both ways, then make a decision. I delivered a 48YF from Kentucky up the Mississippi to the Quad Cities for another HOF’er a few years ago, and I have a friend who brought one from the Bahamas up to NC. I wouldn’t have any concerns about running her on her own bottom from point A to point B, but it would obviously take a considerable amount of time.

I have to wonder if there have been any offers anywhere near the ask on that WA boat. There was an excellent example of a 48YF on the Gulf Coast a few years ago. Lots of upgrades, shed kept, new paint, etc. at $79K. They’re scarce, but they’re around.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

One other thought. That 48YF I mentioned that went to NC is available, but I’m not sure at what price. VERY long story, but it is definitely a project boat. It was at Swan Point Marina in Sneads Ferry, NC when I delivered a 46C up the east coast earlier this year. I didn’t see it, but the marina now owns it.

My buddy spent a small fortune on it, but life happened. Might be worth a call to the marina if a fixer upper is of interest. I’m guessing it could be bought cheap.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I am posting my 53' Hatteras CPMY, which is the same config as a Yacht Fish. Check my posting for details. Short run to Fla., cut across on the intercoastal, and you in Gulf of Mexico, then to New Orleans. Vessel has a queen forward and in Master Salon. IMG_0192.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Partnership View Post
    I am posting my 53' Hatteras CPMY, which is the same config as a Yacht Fish. Check my posting for details. Short run to Fla., cut across on the intercoastal, and you in Gulf of Mexico, then to New Orleans. Vessel has a queen forward and in Master Salon. Attachment 43724
    Why do you keep calling a 52CMY, a 53? If I was looking for one, I would be a bit leery of a guy that doesn't even know what model of boat he owns.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Had a neighbor with a 52. Very different hull. Planing I believe, so probably none are stabilized. Perhaps designed for a different mission than the 53. Others here will know.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750