Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Bathroom Makeover or Upgrade or Vast Improvement 61MY

What Scarlett said. I removed three of them and had no issues.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

A few days on....

The sink is out with a little multi tool persuasion.

The splash back and bench top are covered in marble vinyl wrap. I used silicon (not adhesive) to affix the splashback to allow for easy future removal. Electrical fittings installed.

Now awaiting sink and tap arrival. Australia has gone all metric for plumbing fittings and 1" wastes do not exist. So its going to be a mix and match to take 40mm OD down to 1" OD sump hose.

I'm unsure at the moment if I will use white or clear silicon sealant on all the joins / edges. Any opinions?

IMG_0841[2].jpg

IMG_0858[1].jpg
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 05-03-2021 at 05:57 AM.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

I would use a white water based caulk, not silicone. You can then wipe it with a wet rag and leave caulk only in the joint. It gives a really clean, professional look.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Agree with Sky........and WOW that wrap looks great!
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

I have not heard of white water-based caulking before. For my education what is the advantage over white silicon? Is this the type of product you mean?https://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-...white_p1210351
    +++
    Sydney, Australia.

The forward bathroom got its new floor over the weekend. I purchased five planks of Nautikflor. https://www.nautikflor.com/

This is a 3D printed plank with nice nonslip texture. Its a floating tongue and groove floor with a 3mm high density foam backing so does not show small surface imperfections. When the old grey linoleum was pulled away, the wood underneath was still tacky and the boards sat down nicely. So no glue was needed.

The boards were easy enough to trim and cut to size using a Stanley Knife. If I was doing a bigger job then perhaps I would purchase a tile scorer. You score the top of the plank and then break it on the edge of a table.

I made a template first and positioned the boards to get the holly strip as close as possible to each side.

I have found some water based acrylic white caulk for the edges. The latex water based caulk is not available over here.

The total cost was US$250

floor 3.jpg

floor4.jpg

floor5.jpg
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 05-18-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    +++
    Sydney, Australia.

What color or whatever is that? I like the variation.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

That looks like the same "teak & holly" Nautikflor that I used in my motorhome. I love that stuff. It looks great as is easy to install.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yes it was the Nautikflor Teak and Holly. https://www.nautikflor.com/

A big shout out to Sky and John to say thanks for the water based caulking tip. It was so much easier to apply with the gun. I could use a gloved finger to push caulk into position and smooth to a nice finish. Waste was minimal and there was no sticky mess. I was even able to wipe away smudges cleanly with a wet cloth. Great product. Beats silicon sealers by a million miles.

floor9.jpg
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 05-18-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    +++
    Sydney, Australia.

So I wrapped up the bow and mid bathroom upgrades this week. This has all been going on for one year but stopped halfway for our summer season.

The Nautikfloor was very easy to use.

The greatest amount of time spent was epoxy priming and then painting the cabinets.

The swing shower rails that replaced the old aluminium shower doors and frames has been a great success.

Cutting laminated shelving to size and applying a vinyl wrap worked well and can easily be replaced.

Water based caulking is the way to go.

The next project is the OSR bathroom which will receive the same teak Nautikflor flooring and replacement of the damaged wall surfaces.

IMG_E0935.jpg

Midbathroom1.JPG
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 05-22-2021 at 02:26 AM.
    +++
    Sydney, Australia.