Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Freshwater level indicator

The Rochester gauges can be removed, cleaned, and a new cork installed on them and they will work fine again for another 20 years. I rehabbed mine when I bought the boat 17 years ago and they are still working great.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    The Rochester gauges can be removed, cleaned, and a new cork installed on them and they will work fine again for another 20 years. I rehabbed mine when I bought the boat 17 years ago and they are still working great.
    Sky - Where did you get the new cork?
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Quote Originally Posted by 52CMY View Post
    My port Fresh water tank sending unit has bad out-of-range ohm reading (319ohms) and I want to replace or repair. How does it come off? Does it unscrew? Hoping not to break the tank fitting but can't tell how it's installed.
    I assume it's a WEMA and that Sam's has the correct replacement for my 52CMY?
    Thanks!

Attachment 48707
    Did you ever get your question answered?
    Looks like one of those active senders that you can not read with an Ohm meter.
    Centroid stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamboat View Post
    Yes, brand and vintage please. Also, any tasting notes would be appreciated.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamboat View Post
    Got mine at the hardware store. Had to cut them down to the proper size.

But for fresh water, I bought a water meter. I reset it when I fill up and it counts down to zero. I always know how many gallons I have left on the digital readout next to the helm.. I also know how many gallons you used when you showered.

Sky Cheney

One of my neighbors here in the marina just replaced his gages on a Krogen using these -

Marine | Level Senders & Gauge Instrumentation | KUS USA (kus-usa.com)

I
    was impressed enough that this is my plan to move forward and put gages on lower helm.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Got mine at the hardware store. Had to cut them down to the proper size.

But for fresh water, I bought a water meter. I reset it when I fill up and it counts down to zero. I always know how many gallons I have left on the digital readout next to the helm.. I also know how many gallons you used when you showered.

That's a nice, easy idea. Mounted right by the pump on a convertible, under the salon stairs, it'd be a quick glance to see how much is gone.
    At the mouth of the Caloosahatchee
    1984 52C

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Did you ever get your question answered?
    Looks like one of those active senders that you can not read with an Ohm meter.
    Centroid stuff?
    Capt Ralph, No answer yet other than yours. I get good ohm readings off the identical sender for the STBD tank at various water levels so believe the high ohm reading of the PORT sender indicates a fault. It looks like the sender unscrews (NPT connection underneath?) and have tried with moderate torque without luck. want to verify its designed to unscrew with a big enough adjustable wrench before a put more muscle into it to break it free without breaking it bad.
    Cheers,
    Eric
    BREAKAWAY 1990 Hatteras 52CMY

Sky, Can you provide brand, name or source of water meter that counts down or is resettable?

John
    Last edited by divert00; 08-10-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by divert00 View Post
    Sky, Can you provide brand, name or source of water meter that counts down or is resettable?

John
    Its been years so I can't remember the brand or where I bought it, but a quick search brought up this one:

https://aquaviewinc.com/wg/
    Sky Cheney