Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Looking for a 54ED

We are looking for a 54ED to purchase. After several years looking at many makes, models and price points, My wife finally found one we agree on!

Re: Looking for a 54ED

I replied to your PM. We looked at every galley up older Hatteras (18) in our search before we found the 54 MYED. The floor plan is perfect for us with the galley up and the separation of the owners quarters from the other quarters. Much easier to maneuver without bow thrusters than the 61 that has the galley up and the extended deckhouse gives you a much larger salon. We have had Olde Hatt for 4 years and are very happy with our choice. We did replace the small swim platform with a new 5 foot swim platform and stairs in place of the ladder to access the swim platform that makes snorkeling and diving much easier.

Good luck with your search.

Olde Hatt

Olde Hatt
    Thanks for you reply to the post. I did not receive the PM reply. Extending the swim platform and adding stairs sounds like a great idea. We have seen one Hatteras with a spiral staircase to the swim platform and thought that was smart compared to the ladder. Looking at 18 boats must have taken a while!
    Rich

Cost to add Stairs and swim platform?

Olde Hatt- Can you give me an idea what that swim platform/stair addition cost?

If not an inconvenience could you post a picture of your swim platform modifications. I have been contemplating a similar addition to my boat. Thanks

Sorry for the silence. Life sometimes get in the way.
    Tried to upload some photos, but my pics were too large for this system. Been promised some tech help, but still waiting.
    As for the total costs, I'll PM that if you are still interested. The platform was made by Beachcomber Fiberglass in Stewart Fl and they did an excellent job. https://beachfiber.com/ The stairs were made and installed by Bone Island Welding from Stock Island Fl. They were excellent to work https://www.boneislandwelding.com/