Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warning light

Re: Warning light

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    I assumed he meant the AC light on the system monitor panel. Is that correct?
    The only time I have lights come on is during the start up of the motors and if I lose power from the shore. Other than that the lights are out.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I think we are talking about 2 different lights. The lights on the power distribution panel are on with power. The AC light on the systems monitor is on when power is removed.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 07-08-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You’re right Sky I misunderstood the comment.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    You’re right Sky I misunderstood the comment.
    You're not the only one
    Sky Cheney

The only reason that I mentioned over or under voltage to make the AC light illumate on the warning panel is that I have had it come on with power not interrupted. I have a variable transformer and when I adjust the voltage slightly lower, the light goes out.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I have the same issue on the lower helm on a 58LRC. "AC Power Off" light is lit. Yet, all seems to be functioning properly.

Only one 50amp dock line is attached. Is that the problem? Does the light go off only when two 50 amp cords are connected?
    Last edited by zigzag930; 09-25-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Not sure if it would be the same on the LRC, but my boat has a switch to disable monitoring AC power for each of the three sub panels, with alarm being part of the 12 point monitor system. Each switch is mounted below the amp meter on its relevant section of the main distribution panel.
    So on mine it is only alarming if sub panels loose power, and if I use two cords it only alarms if both cords loose power, that is unless I set up distribution selectors to allow different cords to run different sub panels.
    You can get the wiring diagrams from Hatteras if you do not have them already. Then you can test, setup, or repair system to work as designed.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Ah... so that's what those switches are. I will have to try that next time I'm onboard.

Thanks.

On my '71 Hatteras, the red lights are on when the power is live. There are separate lights for shore AC and generator AC, IIRC; I'm not on the boat now.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    On my '71 Hatteras, the red lights are on when the power is live. There are separate lights for shore AC and generator AC, IIRC; I'm not on the boat now.
    Jim,
    This is not those lights. This is the "loss of power" light on the 12pt monitor. Totally different.
    Sky Cheney