Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning light

Warning light

I have a red warning light lit up at the lower helm that is labeled AC power. I don’t seem to have any power issues at all and I’m wondering what this warning light indicates. Thanks in advance! This is a 1985 MY

Re: Warning light

Check that both service panels are powered by each power cord. You have the ability to power both panels from one source. The light, if it’s not a gremlin, indicates you have lost ac power on one of the incoming dock power cords.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Yeah, I’m thinking it’s more than likely a gremlin. It certainly would not be the first one of those we’ve had. I have not lost electrical power to anything and each panel is pulling from a different cord.

I’m sticking my neck way out on something I don’t really know about , the light does come on at lost of AC power, but I also think it monitors over and under voltage. Hope some expert speaks up quickly!
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I think its just lost power. Try turning off the toggles under the feed breakers to each ships service.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

In the 1977 58YF the red light in the AC panel indicates that you HAVE power.

Quote Originally Posted by piripucha View Post
    In the 1977 58YF the red light in the AC panel indicates that you HAVE power.
    I’m not sure that is correct.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

On mine that is what the red light means. But there are several, over each of the lines in and the generator.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

I assumed he meant the AC light on the system monitor panel. Is that correct?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

I assumed he meant the AC light on the system monitor panel. Is that correct?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310