Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

AC Voltmeter not working with shore power

All,

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The AC volt meter on my main panel does not register any voltage when connected to shore power. However, when I am running off of generator power it registers as normal. Systems are the boat are powering up as normal and I am getting proper incoming voltage at the pedestal. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance and Happy 4th of July!

Angry Re: AC Voltmeter not working with shore power

Quote Originally Posted by Hat43c1981 View Post
    All, Any help would be greatly appreciated. The AC volt meter on my main panel does not register any voltage when connected to shore power. However, when I am running off of generator power it registers as normal. Systems are the boat are powering up as normal and I am getting proper incoming voltage at the pedestal. Thoughts?Thanks in advance and Happy 4th of July!
    Switch it to shore power.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: AC Voltmeter not working with shore power

I have the rotary dial switch on the 240v notch.

further on your panel may be a lil toggle switch that switches the meter from shore to gen-set 1 or 2.
    Or, the fuse from shore to the meter has blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    further on your panel may be a lil toggle switch that switches the meter from shore to gen-set 1 or 2.
    Or, the fuse from shore to the meter has blown.
    Thanks Captain Ralph. What type of fuse would be used in this application? I was reading its like a 1amp fuse. Curious as to what type of fuse they usually are. I plan to work on it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Thanks Captain Ralph. What type of fuse would be used in this application? I was reading its like a 1amp fuse. Curious as to what type of fuse they usually are. I plan to work on it tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Follow the wire....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thanks!
    I have a bag of 1/4A slow blow fuses I use in places like this.

Just a basic thought.

The ac volt meter is fed from the selector switch. At least on smaller vessels I'm familiar with.

Each source feeds the source. If one source is not registering there may be an issue with its feed to the switch.

Maybe there's a problem further back in the circuit.

Get a drawing befor trying to troubleshoot.

Its safer.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.