Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Batteries for 1990 45C

Hello,

Please could any one recommend good battery brand and model for 1990 45C running on 6v92.
    I can't figure out the technicalities.

Would be thankful for your recommendations.

Thank You
    Last edited by Ridwan; 07-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Re: Batteries for 1990 45C

Hi Ridwan,

My 1987 45C, with 6V92 as well, has 2 8D's per bank, two banks. One bank for each engine and the port bank also powers ship service.

We purchased the boat 2 years ago with AC Delco batteries and have since replaced them with Interstate batteries. There may be better and/or lighter options out there but we did not want to mess around with wiring, etc, so just replaced them with the same.

Good luck,
    JCG

Quote Originally Posted by JCG-PR View Post
    Hi Ridwan,

My 1987 45C, with 6V92 as well, has 2 8D's per bank, two banks. One bank for each engine and the port bank also powers ship service.

We purchased the boat 2 years ago with AC Delco batteries and have since replaced them with Interstate batteries. There may be better and/or lighter options out there but we did not want to mess around with wiring, etc, so just replaced them with the same.

Good luck,
    JCG
    Thanks. I'll check the interstate batteries.

I am new to this, what does banks means in this case?

A bank is a set of batteries, connected together, acting as one large battery. There is a bank of batteries for each engine.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    A bank is a set of batteries, connected together, acting as one large battery. There is a bank of batteries for each engine.
    Thanks got it now.