Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Envy

Re: Envy

Dave, you could just pick up one of these, 65 Hatteras, just being launched at Shelter Island Boat Yard.
    Attached Images
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Dave, you could just pick up one of these, 65 Hatteras, just being launched at Shelter Island Boat Yard.
    That's my friend Mike Saad's new boat, he moved up from his 55' Habanero. She lives a few slips away from me.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

We live in a beach town 20 miles north of San Diego. Our house is ~1000' from the water, we don't have, or need, air conditioning.
    We run the ac on the boat a couple days a year, mostly to exercise it. Portholes are my wife's special pleasure, feeling the cool breeze and hearing the water as she lays down reading a book.
    Every time I point to "that new amazing boat, honey" she says "There's no portholes, that's stupid"
    Now I realize if you walk in to your local dealer and order a new Hatt or Viking and say "I want portholes" the factory is going to say "Yes sir, how many and where?" but my wife just loves the traditional look an feel of our old boat.
    So... I guess I'm stuck with my tuned-far-beyond-good-sense Detroits.
    I sure wish the Cat fairy would visit during the full moon and magically swap them out for a pair of 3412's or C-32's though. Our hull just LOVES 27 knots cruise, to be able do that at 50% load instead of WOT.....Ahh, to dream....
    Maybe if I sleep with an injector under my pillow?
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Speaking of portholes, that's my favorite feature on my 43DC - the fact that the side salon windows open big and wide, with screens to keep bugs out. Couple that with the front hatch opened when anchored or underway and you have the whole package. I love the fresh sea air on a boat. On the new boats around me, they are all shut in.
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Seems to me that the most important thing is how many of those boats are paid for? I suspect yours may be the only one that doesn't have a ship's mortgage on it.

There's a lot to be said for owning your toys, not renting them from the bank.

Weavers are built locally, here, in Deale, MD. They are beautiful boats, for a fact. Also very expensive.

I have the pleasure of living a block from Merritt Boat works and as much as I drool at the vessels in their yard there are MANY times I cruise by and catch folks pointing at my ole girl
    Last edited by ageless; 07-10-2020 at 11:43 AM.
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears