Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

53MY Appliance Fun Lesson for Today; Washer-Dryer

Hi HOFer's;

So we moved into a new marina last month with new docks and electrical feeders. REAL 240 Volt 50A Service, a big change from the barely 210 V per leg at our previous marina.

I think the 240 cooked the controller board in our FRIGIDAIRE Stacked Washer-Dryer in the forward cabin.

I pull the unit out today with our electrician for evaluation. Lots of mold, dust, and rust falling away from the unit in the washer and dryer locker.

We've decided to order a couple of new units, and am considering the GE [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]GFW148SSMWW[/COLOR] Stainless Steel tub units, both washier and dryer are front loaders and with high RPM spinning.

The key is not-to-exceed 24-inches in width, and 66-67 inches in height. Depth is about 27-inches.

We swapped out our refrigerator last year, so how hard can it be, right? (Being totally facetious)

Anyone?

Thank You

Washer Dryer.jpg
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Re: 53MY Appliance Fun Lesson for Today; Washer-Dryer

Just had to replace one of the 10 year old Bosch washer on the 84 lazzara i run... 1/4” clearance thru the stairs. Glad the two guys delivering it were young...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I have replaced ours twice, first one lasted 14 years. What a job . Current washer is a Whirlpool , but an exact copy the the GE I replaced. Had to disassemble the old washer to remove. New washer had to be disassembled for installation. At least the cabinetry can be easily removed in a Hatteras. Saws are required in other boats. I could not fine a unit the same height as the original, the replacements were about 2 inches higher which required some cabinet work.
    Last edited by jmooney; 07-01-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Mine are free standing in the pump room, but to get them out and back in I had to disassemble. Joy.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331