Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted: NOS Oberdorfer RW Pump for MDJF 15kW Onan

Onan MDJF Owners; 15kW:

Do you or a friend of a friend have an Oberdorfer RWP out there still new in-the-box that never saw service? ONAN 15kW MDJF Diesel Gen.

Ours is leaking like a sieve at the bearings.

About to calto DEPCO but thought i would check-in here with our "family", first.

Thanks all.
    Captain Chuck Bullett; W1AEK
    Chartmaker 1978 53MY Hull #522
    On-Air 2014 31 Benetau Oceanis Sloop
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Re: Wanted: NOS Oberdorfer RW Pump for MDJF 15kW Onan

I do a lot of business with depco. They usually can rebuild leaking pumps if the housing is still good. Sometimes it's cheaper to get a new one but I learned to have them look at each pump before choosing the path.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I do a lot of business with depco. They usually can rebuild leaking pumps if the housing is still good. Sometimes it's cheaper to get a new one but I learned to have them look at each pump before choosing the path.
    Thanks Scott- That's a great suggestion and I didn't know that Depco was that service-oriented... looking at the catalog I thought they just did "box-sales".

This pump is close to "unobtanium". I'll call them and see what they recommend.

Down deep I want a new generator... but man, what a project. I don't care about the cost... but everytime I turn around I'm tearing our lovely boat apart damn-it! This week its the washer and dryer...

I have a day job so these jobs don't happen fast either.

Thanks for the note.
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Is that the same pump for the 20KW with MD-4?

Chuck , How long has your boat been "Chartmaker""? My old boat came from Cali and had that name also for quite awhile when she was owned by David Foster. Any connection?......Pat

Quote Originally Posted by doc g View Post
    Chuck , How long has your boat been "Chartmaker""? My old boat came from Cali and had that name also for quite awhile when she was owned by David Foster. Any connection?......Pat
    Hi Pat;

Since she was new I believe. We were told that two PO's ago she was used for Numerous trips to Vancouver and Alaska, confirmed by finding log entries and some maintenance items I've found aboard. There is a receipt aboard for having the compasses swung from a service shop in Vancouver.

I believe that we're the third owners of her, and the NOAA Fisheries Documentation history on the web (when that was "a thing" and accessible, now no longer) indicated that she's been "Chartmaker" since day #1.

My spouse is a broker and has access to some nifty historical tools for tracking boat sales and owners. She stalked this vessel pretty hard before we bought her.

Thanks for the note. The photo below was from the survey when we bought her in 2014.

Chuck B.

Chartmaker on the elevator.jpg
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    depco is everything you promised... very responsive and they have what I need. Thanks!
    chuckbullett@gmail.com

Have you considered replacing the old pump with an electric pump? My pump failed and an electric 12v fuel pump was installed. I have been running on it for 4 years and no problems. An off/on switch was install at helm station electric panel and one at the generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
    Have you considered replacing the old pump with an electric pump? My pump failed and an electric 12v fuel pump was installed. I have been running on it for 4 years and no problems. An off/on switch was install at helm station electric panel and one at the generator.

I believe the OP is looking for a raw water pump, not a fuel pump.
    1969 45C376

Does the required pump look like this?
    Attached Images