Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Re: 1972 Hatteras 45 Convertible Refit

I uploaded the full size PDF file on Drop Box. Here's the link...

Blue Arrow SKKG2391A_PROPOSED GENERAL ARRANGEMENT.pdf
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifqutfxuiw...EMENT.pdf?dl=0

Today we lifted the boat. Considerable fouling. Zinc anodes depleted. Cutless Naval Brass Bearings (propeller shaft) need replacement. Cleaning underway. Will keep you posted. Thanks - Karim

Wow. How long since the last haulout, or was that before you acquired her? That is a lot of growth.

Well, I'll be damned. DLBA division of Gibbs & Cox. G&C were the designers of the SS United States, William Francis Gibbs, principal naval architect. I didn't know G&C were even still around. THAT is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Wow. How long since the last haulout, or was that before you acquired her? That is a lot of growth.
    It has been over 4 years. Now I'm in charge and since earlier this Summer. Will be taking better care of her from now on. Thanks - Karim

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Well, I'll be damned. DLBA division of Gibbs & Cox. G&C were the designers of the SS United States, William Francis Gibbs, principal naval architect. I didn't know G&C were even still around. THAT is pretty cool.
    Glad we did work with DLBA. It was a simple task and they were helpful with many ideas. Thanks - Karim

G&C have a stellar resume. And Donald Blount designed some of the best yacht hulls ever made, including the Hines-Farley offshore yachts.

Waterline and Antifouling Paint Level

I've noticed that there's fouling and some corrosion on the topside of the hull above the previous waterline which is evident after the lifting yesterday. You can see it in some of the previous images.

I checked that our bilge pumps are functioning well. The propellers seem fine. There's no substantial weight addition in the stern. We will be adding the GRP swim platform but that's not of significant weight either.

My direction is to raise the antifouling paint line to reach the actual waterline. I hope this further protects the hull until the next lift.

Thanks,
    Karim

Update: Cleaning the hull is well underway. Checked propellers and rudders, cleaned and replaced zinc anodes. Will share more photos tomorrow.

Swim Platform Installed

Earlier today we installed the locally manufactured swim platform as per the pictures here. I'm still looking for a boarding ladder to fit beneath. The options are a bit overwhelming. I would greatly appreciate any guidance as to the most trusted brand.

Many thanks,
    Karim