Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salon Lighting

Salon Lighting

I'm finally getting my damaged headliner replaced on our 46c. I plan on removing the factory DC light closest to the windshield and installing 6 round flushmount LED lights in 3 sets of 2 evenly spaced in the overhead.

What have you guys used that you were happy with. Lumitec makes some high quality stuff that looks great but I've never used them in an interior application. Warm white or white?

Re: Salon Lighting

All of our lighting, inside and out, is now LED. We like the warm white but you really need to take a look for yourself, do not like cool white.
    Have had good success with Lumitec, but also Quick and Imtra. Lumitec's 2 wire toggle on off dimming makes things pretty simple. Had a lot of issues to get the Imtra salon lights finally working with a dimmer, think we ended up with a dimmer from BlueSea.
    Could be wrong but the LED light pattern from the fixtures seem to be tighter than from our old halogen fixtures so you may want to look at increasing the number of fixtures.
    Good luck.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Re: Salon Lighting

The headliner project went pretty smooth (with help from a professional). 6 Lumitec flushmounts ran off of the factory dc light switch. The dimming feature running off the household light switch is pretty cool. Any of you guys in the Knoxville TN area needing canvas work OR in this case a headliner give Jason at Concord Canvas a call.

Headliner 2.jpg