Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb 1972 Hatteras 45 Convertible Refit

Thanks to SEVEN I officially signed-up as I'm working on a refit of 1972 Hatteras 45 Convertible which is located in Aqaba, Jordan. My father acquired her in 1983. Unfortunately he is 92 with dementia, but we have great memories together.

The grand children are keen on a refit. I'm leading the project on their behalf.

I started with the engines that are Detroit Diesel 8V71T. God knows how many hours they've run. I've spent the past two weekends working with the team to get the starboard engine running. I will keep you posted on our progress. The last thing i want to consider is repower.

I'm seeking your advice if you can recommend a designer for a simple furniture layout in the deckhouse and cockpit. As you might imagine, this project is being executed with a limited budget.

Many thanks

Re: 1972 Hatteras 45 Convertible Refit

Welcome to Sam’s.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Wow. Good luck.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Welcome. Pictures please!
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thank you SEVEN, Photolomy and oscarvan. Here are some photos. Please forgive me for the current state. It's work in progress.

Would appreciate any guidance regarding a young designer to work with on the furniture layout.

All the best
    Attached Images

What facilities are available to get her hauled out? It looks like it needs a bottom job before you start running it. What kind of shape is the fuel in? You might be better off to pump the tanks dry and start with clean fuel. Is the boat a galley up or down? They usually came with a fold out couch and a high/lo table in the salon. Replacing the headliner is a time consuming job but will make a big difference in the look of the boat. Make a plan and a budget and try to stick with it. Get the engine room sorted out first . You will probably want to replace the fuel lines and the hoses after you get the engines running. How mechanically inclined are you? The hardest part is keeping motivated to see it through to the end. Break the project down to the “systems” and try to finish one System before you move on to the next. I would think material supply is going to be an issue but I could be wrong.

I'm seeking suggestions and recommendations for young designers who could assist remotely (due to travel complications). I'm on a limited budget :-(

Scope of Work (Seating Layout Design)

The vessel is going through a refit.
    - The Client is requesting design consultation from the designer in support of the updates to the general arrangement in the seating areas, salon and cockpit.
    - The Client will provide images showing general layout and styling cues.
    - The boat will be a day boat with an open space approach and is to be used as a cruiser more than a fishing vessel.

Client requires the following deliverables:
    - Options for updating the arrangements (2D CAD)
    - Final General Arrangement showing seating areas, salon, and cockpit (2D CAD)
    - Views showing specific areas of interest including the salon/cockpit threshold (possibly a sliding glass door)
    Attached Images

Interesting, there's another Hatteras next to you.

Is there a design school local to you? Would be a nice graduating project for someone, or a team of students. With faculty assistance maybe?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Interesting, there's another Hatteras next to you.
    You are right! That's a 1976 Hatteras 53 Convertible, owned by my cousin.