Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Wtb a Hatteras sport convertible Hull only (no motors) 45ft-55ft

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    I've always wanted to cut a SF down and make an open express.
    Where is this one?

,Ralph
    this 1977 is in islamorada, fl

No offence taken. I used to find Hatteras and Bertram hulls for Renovators so when a customer wanted one they knew where one was available. Travel for work and did this as a hobby. Anyway we would always take into account the "sum of the parts". What that means is whatever you find will have an asking price. But we would take into account if there were goodies that come along with the hull purchase things of value to part out like good engines, gears, running gear, generator, outriggers, and towers in very good condition. Also took into account if engines were already removed. An interior gutted out was always a plus. Then there were things that were a negative. An old tower might have to be removed and cut up. Especially for transport. If you go with the larger size (55') and you have a blown engine even though the other may have some value as a RTO you still need to get it out and many times that is in pieces and then reassembly. But you could give the runner away to someone who could remove both in return.

Many, many scenarios. Also going larger you could find yourself paid to take ownership. Your advantage in all this is the plan to do a complete refit. That makes any boat an option.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Hello,

I know of 1 located in/at St. Mary's Marina in St. Mary's Georgia.

Contact Rocky Smith @ 904-219-2869.

I don't know much about the boat other than she needs a lot of work(so does mine).

I hope this helps.
    Steven A. "Deckhand" (Master Unlimited Oceans & Great Lakes Pilot)
    Sandra J. "Commodore" (Full time grandma)
    Pirates Treasure, Pirates Key, Florida
    1972 58 Hatteras Tri-Cabin (The Dream)
    12V 71 N (The Twins)
    HIN: HATAP3251172
    USCG: 545345

Quote Originally Posted by piratestreasure View Post
    Hello,I know of 1 located in/at St. Mary's Marina in St. Mary's Georgia.Contact Rocky Smith @ 904-219-2869.I don't know much about the boat other than she needs a lot of work(so does mine).I hope this helps.
    I sent you a message (private) thanks.