Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Wtb a Hatteras sport convertible Hull only (no motors) 45ft-55ft

Quote Originally Posted by harnett View Post
    There was an engineless 52 convertible in Wilmington, NC. Not sure if it's still available but could find out if the distance works.
    Hey Harnett , I would appreciate if you found me more info on the boat or contact info of owner. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I may know of a 52c.

PM me.
    I pm you. Thanks for the help.

1969 41 ft, hatteras hull for $1,000 in North Carolina.you can contact me here if you have any interest.Beaufort area

how about a 1977 42' hatteras with cummins diesels / zf gears already in. 80 hours from new not remans

Quote Originally Posted by cooter View Post
    how about a 1977 42' hatteras with cummins diesels / zf gears already in. 80 hours from new not remans
    I've always wanted to cut a SF down and make an open express.
    Where is this one?

,Ralph

Trying to keep a live the thread... anyone please let me know if you know or have a Solid hull (no engines) project type doesn’t have to have good interior. I am looking for a structurally solid hull of Hatteras 45ft- 55ft convertible sport fisherman. Thanks!

Figure that you are not interested in my 45. No problem. But be specific on exactly what you are in search of. Mine is going to need a complete refit, repower, and paint. Can be had for a few bucks. But if you are looking for a fairly nice boat in need of new power, just say so. I think that is what you are really targeting. Expect to pay 10-25k. Might have to wait until a seller gets realistic to finally let a boat go at the right price.

Also be aware that “ugly” boats like mine will need the same amount of work as a nice looking boat that you want to completely update. Exception is one that has a nice recent paint job. That carries a lot of value. But same as decent but needs a paint job, it costs the same to do an ugly boat as it does to do a decent looker.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Figure that you are not interested in my 45. No problem. But be specific on exactly what you are in search of. Mine is going to need a complete refit, repower, and paint. Can be had for a few bucks. But if you are looking for a fairly nice boat in need of new power, just say so. I think that is what you are really targeting. Expect to pay 10-25k. Might have to wait until a seller gets realistic to finally let a boat go at the right price.Also be aware that “ugly” boats like mine will need the same amount of work as a nice looking boat that you want to completely update. Exception is one that has a nice recent paint job. That carries a lot of value. But same as decent but needs a paint job, it costs the same to do an ugly boat as it does to do a decent looker.
    It’s not... I did not say I was not interested in your boat. I know what to look for. I am just getting options, same thing as when you are buying a house you probably see 20 houses but at the end go with the first one. I can’ make a decision without viewing more options. For instance in Monday they are going to call me, or call the person which has another one for me to see.

So just saying that you should post all variable options that might work out for you. For example some have posted about a 41 and a 42. If just too small just say so. But they are good options. No offence taken. Here to help out. Just trying to hone on on your best candidate and then 2nd and 3rd runner up. I have 5 years to deal with the 45 so no hurry on my part. Also will help whatever you are pursuing. As you can see I am somewhat of a "collector" and love these old classic brick $hithouses!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    So just saying that you should post all variable options that might work out for you. For example some have posted about a 41 and a 42. If just too small just say so. But they are good options. No offence taken. Here to help out. Just trying to hone on on your best candidate and then 2nd and 3rd runner up. I have 5 years to deal with the 45 so no hurry on my part. Also will help whatever you are pursuing. As you can see I am somewhat of a "collector" and love these old classic brick $hithouses!
    Thanks, and your a saying something that is really worth saying interms that I haven’t been responding accordingly to all post. Sorry for that issue. Honestly I am not interested in smaller vessels of the length that I have mentioned in my post. However, I do appreciate the help granted from every body. Not to mention as well as the comments of not buying a Hull with no engine. A lot of people worry for the good of other and I appreciate that as well. But for me I honestly like taking challenges and learning more in different types of subjects. I am confident that I will fulfill the task of finishing a boat from start to end. Sorry as well if in my past tense post it was offensive in any kind of way. But, no I haven’t discarded your Hatteras. I am still interested just let me see what happens with the other options. Thanks as well for the pictures and the time you took to explain,give me info, advertise and help me out on my decision.