Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Wtb a Hatteras sport convertible Hull only (no motors) 45ft-55ft

Are their any hulls out their please?

Quote Originally Posted by Mflorespadi View Post
    Are their any hulls out their please?
    So, instead of us dreaming and guessing. What are you going to do with an empty bath-tub?

I am going to start from scratch... I have seen a couple hulls (when I wasn't looking to buy one) for some reason know that I want one can seem to find one... My main concern is just for a hull to be structurally solid. Then I can start getting the power.

I may know of a 52c.

PM me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

You haven't told us where you are..... shipping a cheap hull 3000 miles may take the financial advantage, if there ever was one, off.

My main concern is just for a hull to be structurally solid. Then I can start getting the power.
    How many of these have you done?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I have a 1969 45c with engines removed. PM me.

It is solid and in FL. St Pete at Renovator's Yacht. Been in dry dock since 2005 or so. We were going to fix it up but the motors that got partially wet were no good. So with no time when we had money and no money when we had time nothing ever came of it. It's basically empty and engines and gears are gone. So depending on where you need to get it to may be an option.The yard it is at is capable of full refit and repower except that they are swamped with building boats and stuff for Universal Studios. When the market for refits dried up the ended up in this direction. But all the knowledge and skill for a refit is still there.

As for everyone saying it's not worth it I strongly disagree. For most dreamers, yes, it's a bad idea. But if you can build a brand new 45 with a realistic budget available why not? Many new boats, Hatteras included have zero appeal to me. I like classic sportfish and can appreciate nice trawlers like Grand Banks and such. Also prefer way way overbuilt from the early glass days. So say someone spends 500-600K total. Sure day 1 It's worth 400K, 1 hear later but still new maybe 350, and then at 2 years upper 200"s like any other nice refit repowered SF. Then sells for maybe 150K.

None of that matters if you love the boat, plan on keeping it, and also afford the hit if interest is lost. How much does someone lose on a new quad engine 40 something CC. Also a new 45 SF is over 1M to start with.
    Last edited by madhatter1; 07-01-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

There was an engineless 52 convertible in Wilmington, NC. Not sure if it's still available but could find out if the distance works.

What is your budget for the hull in good shape?
    1969 45C376

Quote Originally Posted by Mflorespadi View Post
    I am going to start from scratch... I have seen a couple hulls (when I wasn't looking to buy one) for some reason know that I want one can seem to find one... My main concern is just for a hull to be structurally solid. Then I can start getting the power.
    Heads up as I've been there and done this and lived to not ever regret the project. Your new old-hull is not yet your starting point. Bulkheads, stringers, tanks, all of that needs to be addressed before your rebuild begins. Some extensive rehab at the transom as well. Make her better before starting to make her more modern or faster.

My project was a 1973 53c, an empty shell.

Hey guys, just wanted to appreciate the help on those looking up for me in the Hatteras hull help search. kindly Marc.