Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Let us introduce ourselves.....

Welcome aboard. That’s a nice collection of boats.
    Beachcomber
    Former 3 Hat owner
    Home port Paducah, KY

Re: Let us introduce ourselves.....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPluckebaum View Post
    Canadian Border patrol made sure we had tons of fun... “ Give us your passports, and get face down in the gravel while we tear the boat apart looking for contraband as he snapped a rubber glove on his hand”...
    Well...certainly seems you're a Freebird kind of guy....since Canada doesn' t have a "Border Patrol". Face down in the gravel, you say? Sounds like you went aground.
    Never mind....enjoy ALL your boats and this forum.

If Freebird never cares to set foot, or boat through Canada ever again, I’m definitely a Freebird kinda guy. We only went ashore briefly when ordered to by a group of men with machine guns and badges at the waiting area to prepare for our lockage ( 3 day wait ) - This incident took place where you call the authorities to check in at the Lake Ontario side of the Whelan canal. Maybe it wasn’t the Border patrol, it could have been the Mafia for all I know....
    1980 67’ Pluckebaum Coastal Cruiser “Mountaineer”1981 61’ Custom Sternwheeler “Defendant”1979 Hatteras 53 Yacht Fish “Kacie Rae”

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Freebird showed up as the Captain of a lady’s 64’ Hatteras MY helping to deliver it back to the good old USA. We had been waiting for 3 days when he showed up and taught us how to get through the canal... He paid off some Canadian officials, and off we went.
    1980 67’ Pluckebaum Coastal Cruiser “Mountaineer”1981 61’ Custom Sternwheeler “Defendant”1979 Hatteras 53 Yacht Fish “Kacie Rae”

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Freebird showed up as the Captain of a lady’s 64’ Hatteras MY helping to deliver it back to the good old USA. We had been waiting for 3 days when he showed up and taught us how to get through the canal... He paid off some Canadian officials, and off we went.
    Dang, son, that was classified information. That lady was a double naught spy who loved me and left me shaken, not stirred.

Actually, I had every intention of taking Sadie’s 60MY through enemy territory, but those barbarians closed the gate. I sure hope I’m not being impersonated north of the border, but then again, that sounded pretty fun. Maybe they gave me some sort of memory zapping drug that made me forget it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Dam Bird. I told you not to look at the neuralizer.

All hail J.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Well...certainly seems you're a Freebird kind of guy....since Canada doesn' t have a "Border Patrol". Face down in the gravel, you say? Sounds like you went aground.
    Never mind....enjoy ALL your boats and this forum.
    Exactly what is it that you’re insinuating with that, “Freebird kind of guy”, comment, eh?

I’m sure Canada doesn’t need a border patrol as nobody would ever want to sneak into that place. Even the Hollywood elite changed their minds about making the transition, despite promises to the contrary.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Dam Bird. I told you not to look at the neuralizer.

All hail J.
    Is that you, pa?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

If Freebird never cares to set foot, or boat through Canada ever again, I’m definitely a Freebird kinda guy. We only went ashore briefly when ordered to by a group of men with machine guns and badges at the waiting area to prepare for our lockage ( 3 day wait ) - This incident took place where you call the authorities to check in at the Lake Ontario side of the Whelan canal. Maybe it wasn’t the Border patrol, it could have been the Mafia for all I know....
    Okay....fairly certain you're not interested in " detail" but in the no doubt vain hope it might help....if you were entering the WELLAND CANAL from Lake Ontario, you were in the US. You were right...those were CBP officers. Your officers. Demanding passports? They were your US passports they wanted to see. If you entered Canada, you would do so at the Lake Erie end of the Canal at the marina there. You would NOT have been greeted by Customs & Immigration armed with....anything. We don't do that in this country

So enjoy your sojourns ( look it up) and keep south of the 49th!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Exactly what is it that you’re insinuating with that, “Freebird kind of guy”, comment, eh?

I’m sure Canada doesn’t need a border patrol as nobody would ever want to sneak into that place. Even the Hollywood elite changed their minds about making the transition, despite promises to the contrary.
    Well, Randy...you had the opportunity to "inform" our latest member and chose not to do so. Speaks volumes. You don't have to " like" Canada nor long to become a resident. As they say; no skin off my nose.
    I have been a frequent visitor to the US for many, many years. Like so many others, I see both the beauty as well as the warts and blemishes.....but as a visitor, I'll let others discover the negatives for themselves
    and I will only extoll the positives.

Don't you agree that all visitors should attempt to comport themselves in that way out of respect for their hosts?

Safe travels.