Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Let us introduce ourselves.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Well, Randy...you had the opportunity to "inform" our latest member and chose not to do so. Speaks volumes. You don't have to " like" Canada nor long to become a resident. As they say; no skin off my nose.
    I have been a frequent visitor to the US for many, many years. Like so many others, I see both the beauty as well as the warts and blemishes.....but as a visitor, I'll let others discover the negatives for themselves
    and I will only extoll the positives.

Don't you agree that all visitors should attempt to comport themselves in that way out of respect for their hosts?

Safe travels.
    Inform our latest member of what?

The only boating I’ve done in Canadian waters was on a cruise ship. My little dig at Canada was very much tongue in cheek, but you basically called out our newest member as being a liar, twice. I think you owe him an apology at a minimum. As for your comments towards me, I couldn’t care less.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This is a great group, but sometimes I just have to wonder... out loud.

Let’s see if this gets zapped too.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I don’t even know where to start. Before you go and start calling me a liar you better get your facts straight. Everything I have told you is the 100% truth. From your first post you have been nothing but unwelcoming. I hope your not a typical member of this forum, and I just happen to be dealing with a overzealous typical Canuck.
    1980 67’ Pluckebaum Coastal Cruiser “Mountaineer”1981 61’ Custom Sternwheeler “Defendant”1979 Hatteras 53 Yacht Fish “Kacie Rae”

Wheres the mazel tov cocktail emogee?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Here is where you enter the canal from Lake Ontario..... The pinpoint shows you were we were stuck for 3 days. It is clearly in Canada. Do they even teach geography north of the border?
    Attached Images
    1980 67’ Pluckebaum Coastal Cruiser “Mountaineer”1981 61’ Custom Sternwheeler “Defendant”1979 Hatteras 53 Yacht Fish “Kacie Rae”

Do Canadian crickets sound the same as American crickets?

Asking for a new friend.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Canadian crickets do click, click, A, click, click A,,,

American crickets do Click, Click, Click, WTF, click,,,,

Maybe we should change the subject and post videos of us running our Hatt’s. Oh yeah, never mind.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Posting for only one reason; I was clearly wrong in my assertion that the Lake Ontario entrance to the Welland was in the US.
    I apologize for any conclusions drawn from that error. I have transited the canal three times starting at the Lake Ontario end twice. I arrived there from Rochester. I had no encounter either times with Canadian custome & immigration until I got to the Lake Erie end where I " entered". Hence my "confusion".
    End of story.

Both ends of the welland canal are in Canada. I see by the pic that you were at the pilot dock waiting to transit. It is not unusual for non commercial traffic to be held up for long periods of time to allow the ships through. This could be for safety reasons also. As to why you were treated the way you were I cannot comment. Sounds like a bad day for everyone. I was hoping that Randy's route was going to bring him to my neck of the woods as I wanted to meet him but covid changed everything. I read every post on the trip north and feel he covered a lot of miles(statute and nautical) in a very efficient amount of time.

Its July 1st, our canada day, happy July 4th and let's keep the worlds longest undefended border just that. Also by the way we have a very good education system the does indeed teach geography.

Walt Hoover