Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Let us introduce ourselves.....

It was all statute for Randy but I changed the GPS to nautical once we hit Lake Michigan and yes he busted my ..... for it. Shut out to you Capt Ron miss you brother! Oh and the dock neighbors agree with you, until there's a davit attached its a stripper pole.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Posting for only one reason; I was clearly wrong in my assertion that the Lake Ontario entrance to the Welland was in the US.
    I apologize for any conclusions drawn from that error. I have transited the canal three times starting at the Lake Ontario end twice. I arrived there from Rochester. I had no encounter either times with Canadian custome & immigration until I got to the Lake Erie end where I " entered". Hence my "confusion".
    End of story.
    Not quite, Bullwinkle. I’m still awaiting an explanation as how I become part of your little, geographically-challenged rant.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    It was all statute for Randy but I changed the GPS to nautical once we hit Lake Michigan and yes he busted my ..... for it. Shut out to you Capt Ron miss you brother! Oh and the dock neighbors agree with you, until there's a davit attached its a stripper pole.
    Maybe it’s a good thing the barbarians closed the gate, and we stayed in God’s country.

That can still be a stripper pole, even after you find a davit. Multi-purposing is the key to Happy Hatting. Miss you too, brother. Say hey to momn’em.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Now that we have established who is jealous of whom around here, let’s move on to a way more important topic... My sea trial with my surveyor for the 53 YF is Monday morning and I can’t wait! I hope everything goes well as my wife and daughter both have their hearts set on this particular boat, as do I. If all goes well, I will fly back down in a couple weeks to finish the deal and start the maintenance that needs performed before I can start my trip home.
    1980 67’ Pluckebaum Coastal Cruiser “Mountaineer”1981 61’ Custom Sternwheeler “Defendant”1979 Hatteras 53 Yacht Fish “Kacie Rae”

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Both ends of the welland canal are in Canada. I see by the pic that you were at the pilot dock waiting to transit. It is not unusual for non commercial traffic to be held up for long periods of time to allow the ships through. This could be for safety reasons also. As to why you were treated the way you were I cannot comment. Sounds like a bad day for everyone. I was hoping that Randy's route was going to bring him to my neck of the woods as I wanted to meet him but covid changed everything. I read every post on the trip north and feel he covered a lot of miles(statute and nautical) in a very efficient amount of time.

Its July 1st, our canada day, happy July 4th and let's keep the worlds longest undefended border just that. Also by the way we have a very good education system the does indeed teach geography.

Walt Hoover
    Thanks, Walt, I was looking forward to meeting you too, as well as transiting the Welland and Erie Canals. It’s definitely beautiful country. As it turns out, my passport renewal also got caught up in the COVID crap, and I just received it yesterday, despite the fact I submitted everything before it became such a mess.

I was actually in Vancouver, BC on July 1 at the beginning of the cruise I mentioned. You guys have some good fireworks to, eh? I didn’t know what it was all about until the next day. Here’s to peace, tranquility, and breathing freely again!
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPluckebaum View Post
    Now that we have established who is jealous of whom around here, let’s move on to a way more important topic... My sea trial with my surveyor for the 53 YF is Monday morning and I can’t wait! I hope everything goes well as my wife and daughter both have their hearts set on this particular boat, as do I. If all goes well, I will fly back down in a couple weeks to finish the deal and start the maintenance that needs performed before I can start my trip home.
    Hope all goes well with the survey. We’ll need pics, of course, but make sure you aren’t flying a flag that could get somebody’s panties in a knot.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by CaptPluckebaum View Post
    We currently own a 67’ custom aluminum Pluckebaum coastal cruiser named the “Mountaineer”. We live on it at our families boat docks on The Ohio River 100 miles below Pittsburgh Pa in the state of WV ........
    Are you going to sell the Pluckerbaum?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Are you going to sell the Pluckerbaum?
    As the saying goes, everything is for sale for the right price. We don’t plan on selling the Pluckebaum in the immediate future. Selling it would put us on land when we are up north conducting business, although it briefly crossed my mind. Besides that, it is definitely a buyers market at this current time.
    1980 67’ Pluckebaum Coastal Cruiser “Mountaineer”1981 61’ Custom Sternwheeler “Defendant”1979 Hatteras 53 Yacht Fish “Kacie Rae”

Welcome aboard!

Hello fellow Hatteras enthusiasts. The Sea Trial of the 53YF went well, but virus has slowed the deal down considerably. I am excited to fly down to St Augustine later in the week to take possession, and start giving her a once over.
    Attached Images