Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

SOLD...1984 53' Extended Deckhouse For Sale, San Francisco, CA

SOLD---SOLD---SOLD

We have owned and lived on this boat for only a year and a half, but we are loving it! Work and family considerations are causing us to move.

There are photos of the boat in the gallery and more photos would be forthcoming if requested.

$269K...Price change November 2020...>>>$264K

When we found out that we had to move to San Francisco for my wife's job, I was dreading the weather - but we ended up just north of the city in Sausalito where the weather is great! We have lived all over but have never been in a place where the weather was great for such long stretches at a time. And living on this boat allows us to live in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the country at an affordable cost. Live-aboard slips around San Francisco Bay are limited by law and finding one can be difficult, but since the boat has already been a live-aboard in this marina, the possibility of the new owner being allowed to live aboard by the harbor master is very high.

The engines are 8V-71TIs, 20kW Onan generator

The interior was significantly modified by the previous owner to optimize it for a couple living aboard. The story is that he spent $800k on the inside of the boat! They removed the divider between the lower helm and the main salon changing the ladder to the fly bridge for an attractive teak staircase to facilitate easy access to the top level for meals with a view of the San Francisco skyline. The guest stateroom has been reconfigured as a large closet complete with a couch. The v-berth has been modified as to function as a capacious pantry. The master shower and the guest shower have been combined to make a very comfortable shower accessed from either of the aft heads.

The boat runs well and we had planned to stay here for a few more years, so we were working with the systems with an eye toward keeping the boat in good shape as a boat - as well as a place to live.

We have listed the boat with a local broker, but if you have an interest, it would save me a few $$ if I can introduce you to the him as someone we brought to the table. If you want to see the listing...http://www.marottayachts.com/core/li...marottayachts& and let me know of any questions I can answer or if you want me to introduce you to the broker.

The photo below shows what happens the majority of days... San Francisco is socked in with nasty weather, and we are sitting on the top deck having lunch in sunshine. Check the housing prices in Sausalito, California; and then consider a great boat, nicely set up for living aboard and for boating, great views, walk to great restaurants, and the community is amazing!

IMG_2251.jpg

Thanks!
    Nick
    If you want to speak with me, my cell phone is 719-332-0121
    Last edited by Nick in Manitou; 12-26-2020 at 08:46 PM. Reason: SOLD
    1984 53' Extended Deckhouse
    "Laissez Faire"
    Delivered 1-1-86 (per Sam's)
    Hull #CN737
    Sausalito, CA