Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 56,58,61

When Hatteras built the 54,56, and 61 MY with the18foot 1 inch beam , did they just keep adding 2 foot at a time or did they make a new mold ? Where did the extra length show up in the boats , salon,master stateroom ,aft deck ? Edward

Re: 56,58,61

Mistake , should be 56,58,60.

I think you need to buy a boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Hatteras did, and still does, make many different length and styles of yachts. All are known for their robust fiberglass construction which makes them ride proud and not lurch. A hatteras lady is a eloquent lady...but not maintence intensive. Paint for looks, not for protection.

You will find that many different models will meet your needs and desires, but one certain length and year may be the perfect fit (depending on budget). It took looking at many boats for me to settle on my true needs and wants lists. Bigger is not always better, even if you can afford the purchase price. More now means more later when trying to clean and repair.

The various molds hatteras used were of the finest quality and surely there is overlap between the lengths. The galley's are going to be similar, so cooking on the boats shouldn't differ much.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Hatteras did, and still does, make many different length and styles of yachts. All are known for their robust fiberglass construction which makes them ride proud and not lurch. A hatteras lady is a eloquent lady...but not maintence intensive. Paint for looks, not for protection.

You will find that many different models will meet your needs and desires, but one certain length and year may be the perfect fit (depending on budget). It took looking at many boats for me to settle on my true needs and wants lists. Bigger is not always better, even if you can afford the purchase price. More now means more later when trying to clean and repair.

The various molds hatteras used were of the finest quality and surely there is overlap between the lengths. The galley's are going to be similar, so cooking on the boats shouldn't differ much.
    Okay, who are you, and what have you done with the kid?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93