Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Are You Changing Your Boating Habits?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Not sure how to read this.
    It means we don't all fly the Confederate flag here, but we all fly the Hatteras flag.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Political flags on the water take a little of the fun away for me. There's enough of that on land. Too much on this forum but where else can you can you follow the well written chronicles of a redneck delivery captain that prefers driving on one engine and sawing stuff off the top of his customers boat.

I enjoy waiving at every boater thinking they love being out on the water as much as me and that everyone underway is in it together against the weather and the sea. We will all likely be rescued someday and I hope we all take every chance to help someone out. That's the fantasy that wraps my boating passion.

Movies enjoy presenting the moral decision faced when a warrior finds an injured enemy and must decide to save or kill. Picture yourself on a broken boat flying your confederate or political flag needing assistance with no one around. A boat arrives to help you and its full of "them" that your flag doesn't like.

Anybody remember the last scene in Saving Private Ryan?

On the water the "them" should be the weather and the sea. They will kill US if we do not respect them. We need as many of us as possible just to survive so we can tow each other home.

After the tow we can drinks some beer and tell each other why drinking bleach is a good idea or not or proper etiquette around naked interns.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54 with ext.)
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    It means we don't all fly the Confederate flag here, but we all fly the Hatteras flag.
    Under my Bertram flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Political flags on the water take a little of the fun away for me. There's enough of that on land. Too much on this forum but where else can you can you follow the well written chronicles of a redneck delivery captain that prefers driving on one engine and sawing stuff off the top of his customers boat.

I enjoy waiving at every boater thinking they love being out on the water as much as me and that everyone underway is in it together against the weather and the sea. We will all likely be rescued someday and I hope we all take every chance to help someone out. That's the fantasy that wraps my boating passion.

Movies enjoy presenting the moral decision faced when a warrior finds an injured enemy and must decide to save or kill. Picture yourself on a broken boat flying your confederate or political flag needing assistance with no one around. A boat arrives to help you and its full of "them" that your flag doesn't like.

Anybody remember the last scene in Saving Private Ryan?

On the water the "them" should be the weather and the sea. They will kill US if we do not respect them. We need as many of us as possible just to survive so we can tow each other home.

After the tow we can drinks some beer and tell each other why drinking bleach is a good idea or not or proper etiquette around naked interns.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54 with ext.)
    Tampa
    Sticky bombs drinking bleach and naked interns? What are you smoking?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I haven't changed my boating habits. I'm in exactly the same place as I was before the coronavirus. And watch how you throw around "sides". I might start thinking you aren't on my side, and I'm sure that's not true.

Attachment 41083
    O.K I read this as Rob is still stuck in his bilge
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Bertram burn real good.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    O.K I read this as Rob is still stuck in his bilge
    That part is very true! I call it, only a little facetiously, my happy place.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

I haven't changed my boating habits. I'm in exactly the same place as I was before the coronavirus. And watch how you throw around "sides". I might start thinking you aren't on my side, and I'm sure that's not true.

Attachment 41083
    My comment had nothing to do with CHINA-19. Having to be concerned with what flag you're flying is part of the problem I'm addressing. I may laugh at your Biden flag, but you won't have to worry about me attacking you for flying it. Funny how only one party is noted for inciting violence over such things, and they're the ones who claim to be tolerant. Sorry (not really) if that's too political for anyone, but it's just a statement of fact. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Every time I turn on my TV, it's like a really bad, reality TV show that's on every channel. Now we're talking about taking down statues of Jesus as they too are deemed racist. Ever listen to, "Mad Max", on the John Boy and Billy Big Show on the radio?

"My big old butt!!"

If you think your boating can't/won't be affected by this stupidity, just wait for it. Your white hulled Hatteras is next. After all, yachts are a symbol of income inequality if not flat out racism. Slaves were brought to this country by boat.

Question is, how much longer are we going to let this small percentage of malcontents change the landscape and the American way of life to fit their own personal agendas?

I'm a peace loving kind of guy (really, I am!), but I've about had my fill of this nonsense.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Running on two engines is racist and contributes to global warming. Besides, I have yet to saw anything off of anyone's boat, but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Did I mention that one bridge where... never mind.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Under my Bertram flag.
    You ain't from around here, are ya?

Since you never showed me a picture of your Hatt, let's see that Bertram. I like pictures.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93