Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are You Changing Your Boating Habits?

With all the stupidity going on, I can say that I made some decisions recently that normally would have never entered my mind. I've witnessed others doing the same, for their own personal safety. A white guy on a Hatteras could make for an easy target. I even talked to one delivery Captain who was told by police not to dock his boat near their station because it was unsafe. This being a city dock on the Illinois River in a suburb of Chicago. He chose to take refuge behind a barge with the blessing of the tow Captain.

Speaking of third world countries, I've wondered whatever became of our fellow HOF'er, Miguel53C with all the unrest in Venezuela over the past few years. We stayed in touch, and I know there were safety concerns with him. I've tried contacting him, but no luck. Who would have ever thought we would be sharing such an environment?

Just wondering if you big city guys are doing things differently these days.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Are You Changing Your Boating Habits?

No issues close to us but I have started to carry a gun. Never thought I’d see this crap in the US. Best of luck to all of you and stay safe.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    No issues close to us but I have started to carry a gun. Never thought I’d see this crap in the US. Best of luck to all of you and stay safe.
    I've carried since 1979. Only change is larger caliber and more ammo handy, and I've started carrying a M12 riot gun in the back seat just in case.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Last week there was a march To Miami city hall which is next to the marina. I moved my car to a nearby parking garage for the days just in case but nothing happened. The peace of mind was worth the $20...

That said A few years ago I took down the confederate flag I use to fly and I only fly the Trump flags when we go out

Chicago? Yuck...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thumbs up Re: Are You Changing Your Boating Habits?

[That said A few years ago I took down the confederate flag I use to fly and I only fly the Trump flags when we go out Chicago? Yuck...[/QUOTE] Like
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Last week there was a march To Miami city hall which is next to the marina. I moved my car to a nearby parking garage for the days just in case but nothing happened. The peace of mind was worth the $20...

That said A few years ago I took down the confederate flag I use to fly and I only fly the Trump flags when we go out

Chicago? Yuck...
    Somehow, I just can’t picture you flying the stars and bars.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You d be surprised. Actually it was the rebel flag not the Stars and Bars. Although maybe we should all start flying the Stars and Bars since the “other side” is so ignorant.... that won’t know what it is.

And we do fly the Gadsden Flag off the gaff on our sailboat...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I haven't changed my boating habits. I'm in exactly the same place as I was before the coronavirus. And watch how you throw around "sides". I might start thinking you aren't on my side, and I'm sure that's not true.

Bilge Rat.jpg
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    I haven't changed my boating habits. I'm in exactly the same place as I was before the coronavirus. And watch how you throw around "sides". I might start thinking you aren't on my side, and I'm sure that's not true.

Attachment 41083
    Not sure how to read this.

40cal on my hip. AR15 in the back seat.
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"