Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

2000s 63' vs 64' motor yachts? (raised pilot house)

Anybody familiar with and can give insight to the major differences between the 63' (early 2000's) and the 64' (mid 2000's+) "raised pilot house" motor yachts?

Seems that the 64' is more yacht-like in the helms....the 63' kind of looks like a speed boat with small steering wheel.

Just curious
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Re: 2000s 63' vs 64' motor yachts? (raised pilot house)

Anybody got any info on these? Ever been aboard one?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

They are both models that are on our boat search list--here's what I've found so far

On the 63 the galley is on the salon level vs. the 64 where the galley is forward on the "pilothouse" level which gives you a bigger salon.

The helm station, as you observed, is a wrap around arrangement (that I kind of like) on the 63 and on the 64 the helm station is smaller in size and there may be a few 64's that have no lower helm at all.

The 63 has the internal stairs from the pilothouse to the flybridge, the 64 has both the internal stairs as well as a staircase from the aft deck/cockpit to the flybridge

The 64 has a "refined" lower level especially with respect to the layout of the master stateroom--which makes it more open/larger than on the 63.

The 64 apparently has deeper prop pockets and thus draws about 3" less.

The last thing is that the 64's are, unsurprisingly, significantly more expensive. Similarly unsurprisingly, my wife likes the 64 better than the 63.

I hope this helps

The 64 is hands down a better boat !