Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Trying to decide 58 LRC or 58/61 Motoryacht.

Transom angle is far more hard than the LRC. Yes, the radius has a curve, but the angle is close to 90, far from 135.

Cool Re: Trying to decide 58 LRC or 58/61 Motoryacht.

On those 58LRC you could change out the doors and windows by Diamond Sea Glaze.

Can anyone comment on the actual draft of the 58LRC?

Specifications I found say Draft: 5' 10" but do not specify if that is a "maximum draft" ie fully loaded or something other.

At 5'10" with 2400 gallons of diesel fuel @ 7lbs, that would be almost 17,000 lbs and would have to cause her to ride a bit lower than 1/2 full or less. I'm sure there is a way to calculate the draft change based on fuel weight, but I need to know what the stated draft represents.

There are a few spots in my area that 6' might bump, so if I could get her to 5' 6" or so, that would be a nice safety margin. I can't imaging Sea-tow trying to hall a 90,000# vessel loaded with 17,000 # of fuel off a low spot. They's probably need two boats, but, I'd prefer to avoid that scenario.

Why worry about SeaTow using two boats? It all costs you the same..... You might be surprised at what they can do with 250hp and one boat. We are around 100k lbs and is hey got me off a sand bank!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

I can't help you much with draft specs but my guess is Hatteras measured at half fuel/water.
    My experience show the water line can ride up 6 inches from cold stone empty to full. I try to run fuel and certainly water down for haul out. Right now I scored $1.35 fuel in March so she's riding just under water line stripe.
    For what it's worth I agree with most of the comments on MY vs LRC. If you're going up and down the ICW
    and bahamas a MY would be fine perhaps better because of the draft. If you wish to cross oceans or run the coast outside it's the LRC. it's nice to pick and choose when to buy fuel. LRC joke is when the marina guy in the Chesapeake asks if you need fuel you respond "no thanks I filled up in Miami. "
    I'll also add I spent some cruising time a few years ago on Masterplan and i do not believe there is much difference between the 4-71 & 6-71 in these boats. I have 6s and big thruster. The boats are big heavy and deep they do not spin around like a sportfish.
    Ok one more thing. My boat is much, much more stable at slow speeds than a MY. All so much, much did I say much more stable at anchor or idocked than any MY. We anchor alot and observe other boats and I'll stay on our LRC.
    Skooch
    Sassafras River md