Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Thank you HOF but you couldn’t save her!

For a 65 owner not having Jack on this site is like not having a depth finder. Not only did he let you know what’s under your feet he made you feel confident of your moves. Sorry to see he’s not around, nice guy and always willing to help out, hopefully he will check in.

When did the engine failure happen? I think this is the same boat on the hard near me and I think she's been there all Winter.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

The boat is at Kent Narrows, sea trial was 5/9.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Nihilist
    "We want some money Lebowsky!"
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Outrageous65 View Post
    The boat is at Kent Narrows, sea trial was 5/9.
    Hey, I'll be down there this weekend. Go for a bike ride. Where is it Eric?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    "We want some money Lebowsky!"
    I had to go look that up. I've only seen that movie once and the only dialogue I remember is the f word, which seemed to be about 95% of the script. That and "Donny, shut the f up." (There it is again). Never really understood the appeal. I guess it's a cult thing.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I think there’s a breaking point size wise where the average boater just can’t keep up with the maintenance repairs and upkeep. Not to mention actually taking the thing out on a regular basis. Seems somewhere around 60’ you need to be Thurston Howell 111 to keep it all together. Sure the systems are the same on a 40’ as a 65’ but there are more of them and they’re so much bigger. With the low entry cost of some of these older whales people who just can’t keep the shine on are buying them. Shame. I remember had to be in 88 I was in New Symrna Beach and a new 65c pulled in behind me. The marina was packed so they had to pull him tight up to me. I stood in my cockpit looking up at the huge bow and giant anchor hoping the thing didn’t drop on my fighting chair. I believe it was one of the first being delivered and I thought to myself for only 15’ more than mine it looked twice as big and dwarfed mine. Sometimes a bargain isn’t a bargain.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

The preceding post ought to be framed and posted at the entrance to the HOF. Truer words never spoken.

If you look at interior volume and complexity of systems, that boat WAS twice the size of yours. I looked at Series 2 45Cs for a while. The best thing I ever did was to NOT buy a bigger boat.

I've worked on 60s and 65s. I cant imagine owning one unless I lived on it. They're huge and have so much going on that maintenance is a constant job. For some reason my customers keep referring me to others and my free time is getting rare. Having that much boat to maintain with so much else going on would be impossible.

I think I'll stay small and get others to pay me to maintain their boats instead.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Exclamation Re: Thank you HOF but you couldn’t save her!

Hello guys,

My dad got to see Outrageous last night, while picking up a Hatteras 64 at Kent Island. Seems it's a small boating world we live in.

The boat is out of the water, as seen in the picture, and he said it looks good. Maybe it sold and someone has decided to bring her back? Hopefully that's the case.
    Outrageous 65C.jpg

Best regards,
    JCG
    Last edited by JCG-PR; 06-30-2020 at 10:12 AM.