Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Thank you HOF but you couldn’t save her!

Skip Smith was the Capt for Jerry Dunaway, wrote a book of their adventures and....
    Yeah, Skip wrote a book, but he neglected to mention that Jeff Fay was the captain for most of the time Jerry owned the Hooker and Madam, before that Jeff ran Jerry's 60C all over the Carribean and Pacific, and his 53c before that.
    Jeff owns Humdinger, a 37' Rybovich based in Kona, that planes in reverse. I fish tournaments with him often, and have been doing so for 25-ish years.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

At the risk of kicking the ant hill, why are these engines $600k? I get limited production runs but seriously........
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

Mollie is a beautiful boat, i have tied up on the same dock with her several times in destin.. i'm not sure but i think "seawolfe" is a g&s also
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Mollie is a beautiful boat, i have tied up on the same dock with her several times in destin.. i'm not sure but i think "seawolfe" is a g&s also
    sorry, i miss spelled the name, it is sea wolff, she is a 62 G&S has a facebook page if you want to see her
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Yes, I would, if you can direct me to it. I don't even fish, myself, I am just interested in anything that does it's job that well. And evidently G&S boats are REALLY good at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Instead of using my time for more appropriate things, I looked up "Mollie" to find out what kind of boat she was and who built her.

I had never heard of G&S Yachts in Destin, FL, prior to seeing this one. Evidently these boats were very good at attracting fish. Their building of them ended when one of the principals in the company died of cancer a few years ago. Their FB page shows their last boat under construction, with an interesting transom design, rather rounded in comparison to other boats I've seen. From what I've read, they were very good at backing down as well.

If anyone knows more about them and could point me in the direction of reading about them, I'd appreciate it.
    G&S has a storied history for sure. Look up the 'HOOKER' and the 'MADAM'. I think there is actually a book on that operation, I've read countless articles/stories about it. At one time I think a G&S boat held just about every line class record for marlin in the book.

The company went up for sale recently, not sure if there were any takers. It's a pretty specific, and small market. Their boats back down like no other, actually they can plane in reverse, it's crazy to see in person. They can chase down a fish like no other.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Ive heard that Outrageous was sold for 20k. I think she will be used as a vacation home and some parts of her might be sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrageous65 View Post
    Ive heard that Outrageous was sold for 20k. I think she will be used as a vacation home and some parts of her might be sold.
    Well, I guess that's better than hearing it was cut-up and thrown in a land fill. At least it will live on and hopefully people will continue to care for her.

Thanks for the update!

JCG

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Yes, I would, if you can direct me to it. I don't even fish, myself, I am just interested in anything that does it's job that well. And evidently G&S boats are REALLY good at what they do.
    doc, just search sea wolff on facebook.. i'm not advanced enough to do links and copy and paste stuff
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

From $1.8 mill to 20 grand ugh!
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present