Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Re: Thank you HOF but you couldn’t save her!

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    I looked at a 65 enclosed in Ft lauderdale in spring 2019 called Gone Cuco. It needed the starboard 16v92 rebuilt,the port had been done already. It was priced fairly and I thought at the time if bought right even with a rebuild it would be worth it. I wonder where it ended up, the owner was from the Chicago area I beleive.

Walt Hoover
    Curious what they were asking and what a 16 costs to OH today? I remember the mint one with the 12’s went for 170 which was a good deal 10 years ago but the market kept dropping after that.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I have located a few of the HO 8V396s thru the world.
    Amazing how big and heavy they are,,, then the clutch.

Sadly, I'm looking at another view; The boat is worth more busted up and parted out.

Now, where is that guy that wanted just a hull?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    I have located a few of the HO 8V396s thru the world.
    Amazing how big and heavy they are,,, then the clutch.

Sadly, I'm looking at another view; The boat is worth more busted up and parted out.

Now, where is that guy that wanted just a hull?
    Well if you buy it and bust it up, there are several of us 65 owners that would love spares. Plus a lot of the parts will fit other Hatts.

Hate to see that though...…

Have a good weekend,
    Tim
    Fishtales 65c

All I want is the stabilizers. Our old bones and old boat need a nicer ride.

The running engine when sold, will pay off the whole purchase.
    The remaining 2 clutches are pure profit (almost the cost of an engine each).
    Other than paying off storage, the rest is profit.

BTW, engine and clutch is 10000 Lbs. (5 US Tons). Who has a fork lift that can pick up 5 Tons on the tip end,,,, 25-30 feet away??

Anybody have a storage yard.

I have chain sawed enough boats. I have cried over some of them, probably will tear up on this one.

Anybody have a few credit cards collecting dust I could borrow? Maybe a blank check or two (or three)? We can fix her if you luv the ole gal, or make some bux and scrap her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    BTW, engine and clutch is 10000 Lbs. (5 US Tons). Who has a fork lift that can pick up 5 Tons on the tip end,,,, 25-30 feet away??
    There is a "Boatel" very close to this boat. They lift boats out of the water and stick them up on racks using some VERY stout fork lifts.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Mr Smith, the 65 in Lauderdale was listed at 250,000. If it passed a very conservative seatrial I could have gotten it back to lake ontario. My thought was around 100,000 for a complete rebuild. It had some small interior issues but nothing big. I really liked that it had stairs to the fly bridge from the salon.

Walt Hoover

Do the math.

A forklift with 40,000 lb lift is measured at the base.

Many of the boats they lift are outboards where the weight is aft. Bring in a 30,000 lb boat around 38 foot and weighing about 30,000 of and it wont lift it.

Take a 10,000 lb weight 25 feet from the base. Add in the need to maneuver and your getting a bit close to the edge.

FWIW most lifts are not 40,000 lb. Smaller yards will have a 20,000 capacity lift most of the time
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Update, potential buyer at 20k has researched cost and quoted the following.
    Detroit diesel MTU certified complete rebuild ( if possible ) one engine 350k
    Reputable North Carolina marine cat dealer , 400k install used cat engine 600k new engine that's engine only no trans. There is a 396 available for 120k not rebuilt. As far as reliability of the MTU 396tb93 they are very popular overseas and still being used in over 100 US coastguard ships. At one time they were actually sought after in Asia because of there reliability and still used in many ferry boats still in service.
    With the price of engine replacement figure a million to have a decent 30 year old boat.

Somebody might want to look up Amboss for some aftermarket parts and/or engines if you're looking to do a rebuild/flip. They do a lot of aftermarket MTU components.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Sounds to me like hanging a few v8 outboards on the back is the best plan. Just go hull speed like the motoryachts and blowboaters.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381