Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Pretty Much Loaded And Ready To Go... Again

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    And as I'm Googling around on the subject I came across this....

Just another data point......
    I've heard them go higher rpm that just before I stalled the truck out to stop the runaway. That's one thing I'll never forget. That sound is downright scary.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I've heard them go higher rpm that just before I stalled the truck out to stop the runaway. That's one thing I'll never forget. That sound is downright scary.
    Yes..... having a large diesel blow up with just a thin firewall between you and it is not a good place to be. Fortunately the pieces usually come out sideways.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

The 8-71Ns are like the 6-71Ns I'd assume - and the top end for the 6-71N is 2450rmp. Not sure about 8v71Ns.
    Last edited by eze2bme; 06-04-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Topped the tanks this morning and was very pleased. Getting a tad over 1MPG (statute) which is pretty much where it should be. Traveled 280 miles over the past two days, and the non-generator tank (rear) took 133.7 gallons. Forward tank took 142.4.

Left out of Reefpoint a little while ago after a nice dinner with Dave and Trina last night. Headed for Sunset Bay Marina which will be a short day compared to the last two. Then the real fun begins with the locks. O’Brien is our only lock today.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

So far so good, but we lost the water pump for the AC systems last night. Ordered one through Polestar who will have it for us on Monday. That’ll work out fine with our travel schedule. I’ll try to MacGyver something to get us through the night on dockside water. Just don’t tell anybody.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Boat blew up last night, and we all died.

See what happens when you make me talk to myself?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Again?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Do I HAVE TO say it?
    Attached Images
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I honestly wasn’t even considering the fact Robby and Brenda lost their first boat to fire when I made that comment. I was just messing with you folks about lack of audience participation. I mean I know many of you follow these posts just to see what strange thing will happen on my deliveries.

That being said, the boat is still running great. We stayed last night in Heritage Harbor and left out at about 5:00 this morning. Hit Starved Rock Lock perfectly, so I decided to take advantage of this downstream current and head for The Do Barge Inn at Beardstown. That’s a 13 hour run from Starved Rock, but that’ll get us into Polestar tomorrow afternoon with about a 90 mile run... my shortest in over a month. We’ll be sitting on their dock when our AC water pump comes in.

Looks like we may have some weather over this Crystalball thing or whatever, and that could lead to more flooding. At least we won’t have to worry about lock closures, and we’ll be running with the current and all the debris that flooding brings.

Stay tuned.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

How fast can you go with the current?

Can you hit 15 kts?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.