Took a little trip and along the way my starboard tach acted up and was dropping down. No change in actual rpm’s. Stop to check for any issues and everything was fine and dry. Continue on and it dropped down a little but not way down like first time. This was on plane 1800 rpm.

Get to marina and go to check and uh-oh. Water everywhere. Was even on the battery boxes which are up by fuel filters. Water all on top of all 4 racors at the rear of the engines. More water on port side. Was even on top of generator. Can the coupling if under water throw that much water all around?

No for the mystery. Where did it come from. Definitely salt. So before I rinse everything down I start each engine to see where it’s coming from. Nothing. Not even a drip. The only thing I can think of is the seawater bypass discharge line which I believe only gets flow when needed.

Luckily I already have my new mechanic scheduled to come soon as we are going to spend a couple days to go over every service item on the engines. I’ll run home slow tomorrow and keep an eye on things while the wife drives. Maybe I’ll see what it is. But any ideas anyone has would be helpful.

Engines are 8-92 650 HP.