Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    eze2bme Guest

Flow Scan Meters

My 1979 43DCMY has Flow Scan meters on the J&T 6-71N's. I had the engines tuned up last Fall and as I was motoring to Winter storage I noticed that the port meter was not working. Can anyone tell me what these meters look like and where they may be located. I'm hoping that only a wire was knocked loose. Thanks.

dshuman Guest

flo-scan system

The system picks up fuel flow coming into each engine and the return flow back from the return lines. The sensors look like 2 small "oil filters" connected to your fuel lines before and after each engine. The sensors have a statement "not an oil filter" printed on them. In my 53MY they are mounted on the forward bulkhead wall of each engine room where it was convenient to splice them into the copper tubing fuel supply and return lines. Follow your fuel lines and you'll find the sensors.

Doug

eze2bme Guest

Flow Scan Meters

Thanks Doug ... I'm going into the water next week and I'll check it out this weekend!