Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Will MG507a fit in a Hatteras 36 series I engine bay?

paired with Cummins QSB 380. Concerned about size of engine bay

thanks

Re: Will MG507a fit in a Hatteras 36 series I engine bay?

If you go to twin disc's website they have engineered drawings that give all of the dimensions. you will probably need to go to a down angle gear to get the front of the engine under the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by dsharp View Post
    If you go to twin disc's website they have engineered drawings that give all of the dimensions. you will probably need to go to a down angle gear to get the front of the engine under the deck.
    yes, I have that the QSB has less height than the 3208s already in there, but I am swapping a 506 for a 507 (both 7 degree down angle) so I don't know how that impact things. I need to know the height of the engine bay or if someone has done something similar and it worked.

The height of a 3208 is shown as 36" from the top of the air cleaner to the bottom of the oil pan and a length of 59". a QSB is shown as 33" from the bottom of the pan to the top of the engine. The 3208 had about an inch of clearance on top of the air cleaner and the bottom of the hatch. I've seen some installations with the insulation cut out slightly to give the lid to the heat exchanger room to clear. I think the moderator on this sight has the same engines in a series 1 36' Hatteras.