Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

SOLD::: Blue/White Underwater Lights For Sale 6 x SeaBlazeX2

I have 6 Brand New, Lumitec SeaBlazeX2 Underwater lights for sale in White/Blue color, unopened, New in Box for sale.

Retail on these lights is $399/ea and I see them as low as $391 on Amazon.

Price is $300/ea with free shipping. This saves approx $100/light over retail

We decided to go with a 110v light instead of these.

UPDATE- Lights now for sale individually - If after a few days the lot of 6 has not sold I will break them down to sell individually at a slightly increased price.

Payment via Paypal or Venmo. First one to submit payment gets them. No holds, no checks...etc.

Link to product on MFG page: http://lumiteclighting.com/seablazex2/

Last edited by rustybucket; 05-28-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Re: Blue/White Underwater Lights For Sale 6 x SeaBlazeX2

What 120v lights are you using?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    What 120v lights are you using?
    One of my companies is actually developing a 110v prototype light in-house. Not sure if we will be going commercial with it or not. The concept is to have the light fully serviceable from inside the boat. Once the thru-hull lens is installed the LED chips will be swappable/upgradable without hauling the boat. So you may want green this year, blue next, then RGB or white...etc.

Who knows where LED tech will be in 5 years, the goal is to create a future-proof light fixture that can be cost effectively upgraded with the latest tech every few years without having to completely re-buy and re-install the light system. Also, if an LED chip were to burn out (which they do) you would be able to change the led light in a few mins from inside the boat while the boat is still in the water.

We are also developing a camera that will fit into the same lens system. So a Lens could be a camera, or a light. If you had a light in one you could just pull it out and slide the camera in. Plug and play.

And yes, we are aware other mfg's offer lights that are serviceable from inside the boat, but the 110v fixtures are north of $4k/ea. I'm installing 15 underwater lights, that would put the cost of this install north of $60k, which is absurd in my opinion.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Once you have it all figured out and in production, do we get a HOF discount?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Once you have it all figured out and in production, do we get a HOF discount?
    Absolutely!! Just like the Friends & Family Discount, I'll only charge you guys double the retail price!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Through hull lens is great (If you can keep it clean) but why 110V? LED want to run on DC current. Most high power LED top out at 24V-48V. We build them for film projects a bit.

This is the bright I have played with and have seen 3 of these on!
    120,000 lm
    1,500W around 30-40V DC.

https://store.yujiintl.com/collectio...500w-pack-1pcs

OK we use them because they have good CRI ratings and they are a bit pricey. Sure you would have to hook it into a raw water pump for cooling, but 120,000 lm could be really interested under a boat!
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Quote Originally Posted by metama View Post
    Through hull lens is great (If you can keep it clean) but why 110V? LED want to run on DC current. Most high power LED top out at 24V-48V. We build them for film projects a bit.
    When we use the underwater lights at night, the gen is always running, but I like to shut the mains down, either at anchor or dead boat drift fishing. Having a large quantity of high amp leds pulling off the engine bank, or even the house bank just never seemed like a good idea to me. Why not just run them off 110v and use led drivers to provide good clean voltage to the chips.

Having a clean lens is an issue whether you use dc like the seablazex2's above or the 110v. Most all of our lenses are reachable with a boat brush from the cockpit. Only the lights shooting straight down are diver only cleanings.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by metama View Post

This is the bright I have played with and have seen 3 of these on!
    120,000 lm
    1,500W around 30-40V DC.

https://store.yujiintl.com/collectio...500w-pack-1pcs

OK we use them because they have good CRI ratings and they are a bit pricey. Sure you would have to hook it into a raw water pump for cooling, but 120,000 lm could be really interested under a boat!
    Those are some impressive chips!! A little too much for what I want. Not sure we'd ever be able to remove all that heat lol! I will have 2 banks of lights on my boat for the first round of testing. One bank of 8000 lumen greens and one bank of 20k lumens white.
    Last edited by rustybucket; 05-27-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

No interest in all 6, so splitting into singles now. $300/ea free shipping.

2 SOLD

4 Available.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

All lights sold! Thanks for the interest!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL