Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aft Shower Plumbing Access

I have a 1971 43' Double Cabin. Does anyone know if there's access to the back wall of the aft shower? I have a leak that I think is coming from there.
    Last edited by Miss Swivel; 05-25-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Re: Aft Shower Plumbing Access

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Swivel View Post
    I have a 1971 43' Double Cabin. Does anyone know if there's access to the back wall of the aft shower? I have a leak that I think is coming from there.
    From the closet?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I believe the starboard wall in the stateroom closet is removable. The whole panel should pop out and reveal the waterlines and shower controls.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I believe the starboard wall in the stateroom closet is removable. The whole panel should pop out and reveal the waterlines and shower controls.
    You owned a 43DC too?
    Sky Cheney

Friend has one. Well I think it’s the same.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Sorry Sky, I didn’t read your first reply.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Sorry Sky, I didn’t read your first reply.
    No worries. It was my dad's boat and I was 10 years old at the time. You just confirmed what I had remembered about it.
    Sky Cheney

You guys were spot on. The shower pipe shares the closet with the back of the electrical panel. Not sure that was a good idea but alas, that's how it is. Anyway, that wasn't the source of the leak. The leak forms a puddle at the threshold to the entrance of the aft head near were the cutlass bearing strut access ports are located. Any ideas?

Is your AC unit on that side? If so, is the pan drain plugged? No evidence of drips under the sink?
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Quote Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
    Is your AC unit on that side? If so, is the pan drain plugged? No evidence of drips under the sink?
    It is where the AC is located. But, it only occurs when I pressurize the water system. I'm going to take out the sink panel next and have a look under there.