Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Trim tab switches

Getting tire of replacing tab switches. The original instatrim/Bennett ones weren’t waterproof and died after a few years of washdowns and salt intrusion. I got an expensive waterproof Instratrim one 5 years ago but the rubber membrane went insane and got all gooey and disintegrated. I see the new Bennett one is waterproof but looks cheesy. Anyone else have issues?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Trim tab switches

Yes. I’m looking for a better mousetrap myself. I don’t get it, they are supposed to be able to withstand the weather but not so much. Tired of products that are crap.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

I've got a box of spring loaded two-pole, two-throw switches. The switch rests in the middle and you push up/down. Like 50 of them....
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I've got a box of spring loaded two-pole, two-throw switches. The switch rests in the middle and you push up/down. Like 50 of them....
    What kind of amps can they handle?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present