Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dc To Dc Converters

Anybody else producing 32v to 12v converters other Newmar ? Looking for a 32-12-50 amp. Victron no longer does and didn’t think anyone was . Newmar still does however. Looking for options.Thanks
    Ocean Spirit
    1971 53 MY Hull #341

Re: Dc To Dc Converters

What are you running at 50 amps?

Will 32 to 24 volt work?

Would you consider a pair working in tandem? It's a real thing.

PM me if I can help.

Scott

The sites victron distributor.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The victron 48v converters are good down to 32v and dont shut down until 28v. I am in the process of installing one on my boat but have not yet run it to make sure, but others have & had no problems.
    1978 60C "Reel Action" Hull number 4 (304), 1986 36 Sedan "El Dorado" Hull Number 24 (324)

Quote Originally Posted by sixty View Post
    The victron 48v converters are good down to 32v and dont shut down until 28v. I am in the process of installing one on my boat but have not yet run it to make sure, but others have & had no problems.
    Not all the 48 volt converts work well to 28 volts.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by sixty View Post
    Me too.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

What does 48v to 32 v have to do with 32 to 12v? Did I miss something? Also, why change from Newmar? They seem to last almost forever. Ah, you mean 48v to 12v but work at 36 to 12.
    Last edited by Photolomy; 06-10-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    What does 48v to 32 v have to do with 32 to 12v? Did I miss something? Also, why change from Newmar? They seem to last almost forever.
    Using 48v to 12v or 24v DC/DC converter on a 32v system. Scott (Boatsb) is a dealer for these. He called the engineers at Victron and was told these would work fine for this. He has used them several times for this application. In fact, I suggest you buy from him for warranty and installation advice. He'll set you up with the right unit. That's where I got mine.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Sky.

The isolated (as in stable voltage output) units have input windows that go from 32 to 70 volts for this use. I've set 2 in parallel and load balance to do larger than 15 amps 24 volt.

I've been a victron distributor for years now and offer lots of support for the units I sell to members.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

I agree Newmars are great units was just seeing if there was something else with similar quality available. Sky where can it get Scott’s contact info?
    Ocean Spirit
    1971 53 MY Hull #341

Yeah, those look pretty sweet. Only 20A (that can run at 32V) but you can put a couple of those in different spots. You can probably run them off the same main wire feeding the original Newmar/Instruments. They only pull ~ 8 amps, and if I recall, the wiring to the original Newmar is robust enough to power both.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL