Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Cruise air high preasure switch

I have a high preasure switch that has gone bad on one of my A/C units. Cruise Air 7k btu compressor low is 150 high is 300psi. It had Klixon 325 on it that went south not able to find any of those. I have found Johnson Controls P100cp-166c units online that are 225 on and 325 off I ordered two of these. There is also a Johnson Control P100cp-161c that is 200low and 400psi high but can't locate any of those. Suggestions anyone? A/C guy I know said the 325 high may not be high enough.....

Re: Cruise air high preasure switch

No sure of specs, but I just used this unit with success on the same Cruisair unit.https://tampabaymarineair.com/online...-digital-units
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    No sure of specs, but I just used this unit with success on the same Cruisair unit.https://tampabaymarineair.com/online...-digital-units
    Wayne runs this shop. Really a great guy. Send him a note with your model number of the condensing station.

Your low reading should be around 50, not 150.
    for a 7BTU, 300 may be a touch high. Are you sure it's a switch problem and you are not really in a over pressure mode?

You can compare these readings with Wayne also when you discuss ordering your switch.

I took the reading from the label info on the unit itself. I robbed the same switch from another unit that was working and that solved the problem! So....new switch it is...
    I will drop him a note to discuss what the correct switch should be. My guy in FL thought 325 may not be high enough. He said 425/275 are the industry standard for Dometic R22 systems.