Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Staging Ideas for South Florida

Normally, we would just tow a 22’ center console (CC) straight to the bahamas From NE Florida behind the Hat. Given the current circumstances related to COVID, we are looking to the Keys for some summer time fun. We are attempting to stage everything in South Florida (somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami) a week or two prior to heading into the Keys. I would like to trailer the CC down to simplify moving the Hat, but then comes the issue of launching the CC, storing a trailer & truck for a couple of weeks.

Hoping the vast experience of the forum can point me to a good marina that could accommodate such a request as a whole or the best Marina to stage, nearby ramp to launch CC, and place to store a truck & trailer.

Or is it going to be to much of a headache and I should just tow the CC behind the Hat from NE Florida????

Appreciate the insight and experience of all...
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Re: Staging Ideas for South Florida

"Vast experience of the forum" Funny!
    I would speak to Harbour Town Marina in Dania. I would bet they can handle all of it.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Here are some thoughts South of your requested geography. Before Covid, we had a reservation at Plantation with that plan in mind. Reasonable alternative was truck and CC storage in Homestead with Flight from Miami.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Appreciate the suggestions. Researched both ideas and Harbour Town Marina I believe will fit our needs best. Looking forward to getting to getting underway!!! Thank you.
    Best regards,
    --
    David