Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Drawer fronts wanted

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I used the original Dupont 704C until I ran out. Then I bought the stuff that Sam's has made that is pretty much identical to the 704C. At first the new wood still looks lighter, but it darkens over time. My galley refit looked lighter for a couple of years. Now you would not be able to tell what drawers are new and which are 35 years old.

Thanks Sky. I'll try that.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I have built those. Its just plywood with Afromosia veneer. The most difficult part is making the edge trim. Any good cabinet maker should be able to do it for you.
    Sky, I followed your advice. Below are before and after pictures. I took the dishwasher out because it never gets used and replaced it with additional storage space.
    Attached Images
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Very nice.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamboat View Post
    Sky, I followed your advice. Below are before and after pictures. I took the dishwasher out because it never gets used and replaced it with additional storage space.
    Gary, did you lengthen the cabinets above the refrigerator? It seems that there is a seam running along the side of the photo. Did you get a shorter refrigerator and lengthen the cabinets?If so could you take a photograph of that for me.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Nice work. Looks great!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Gary, did you lengthen the cabinets above the refrigerator? It seems that there is a seam running along the side of the photo. Did you get a shorter refrigerator and lengthen the cabinets?If so could you take a photograph of that for me.
    This is the way I got the boat. It looks like they added a filler cabinet between the fridge and the upper cabinets. I guess if I ever want a taller fridge I can remove that filler.
    Attached Images
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

That was definitely added. Is it possible you could tell me the dimensions, height, width, and depth and the cubic size of your refrigerator. If you had the make and model that would help as well. BTW it looks great.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Red face Re: Drawer fronts wanted

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    That was definitely added. Is it possible you could tell me the dimensions, height, width, and depth and the cubic size of your refrigerator. If you had the make and model that would help as well. BTW it looks great.

The filler cabinet is 29" wide x 22" deep x 5-3/4" high

I don't know the rated cu. ft. of the fridge but the dimensions are: 28"W x 27-1/2"D x 61"H with doors on.
    It's a Hotpoint top-mount, no-frost fridge and comes with an ice-maker, but an older model. According to the Owner's manual it could be a 14, 16, 17 or 18 cu.ft. model. The manual was published in 1997, so that will give you an idea of age. Can't find the model number.

Hope this helps.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamboat View Post
    the dimensions are: 28"W x 27-1/2"D x 61"H with doors on
    That should fit up/down the stairs. A combination of dimensions hard to find now. it's either too deep or too tall.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thank you Gary. Gives me some great ideas.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California